Isle of Man (WORKING! downloadable) MOTO-GP VIDEO (working)

Sorry mods I really felt this vid was worthy of it’s own thread. If you feel otherwise then you can move it…of course. But after watching it I’m sure you’ll agree.

This is a vid that starts off showing what racing was like when Joesax was still racing :wink: and continues on to show the changes over time to the sport.

It seems that Putfile has blacklisted Taiwan. So I put a different, but still amazing video beneath…it’s Moto GP and has a lot of Rossi in it.

<EDIT#2>
I found another site that hosts the video people are talking about below…right-click and choose “save as…”
filefarmer.com/2/toysupra1/v … lution.wmv

and something similiar but with Metallica for music: filefarmer.com/toysupra1/vid … fmantt.wmv

and check this one out!! —> mach3k.com/videos/motogp_animals.mpeg (right click save as…)

one other GP vid: filefarmer.com/toysupra1/vid … -clips.wmv

Normally I’d say “don’t just post a link”, but in the instance it’s worth an exception.

Very nice :sunglasses:

I did always wonder when watching on-street races (Isle of man right?) do they hold back the last 2 percent of so, knowing that a crash here would be fatal? In my car racing days it never crossed my mind, but I was young and strapped into a five point harness surrounded by steel tubing.

The other thing I was impressed by is how much of a pounding these guys take during a race, made pretty obvious by the camara placed behind the rider.

Thanks for the link. Have to go out now but look forward to checking it out later.

[quote=“Mordeth”]…what racing was like when Joesax was still racing :wink: and continues on to show the changes over time to the sport.[/quote] :laughing: How old do you think I am? There’s such a thing as a “young fogey” too you know… :wink:

On Yamaha 400 strokers you held back a shitload more than 2 percent! Take it from me.
Edit: Just watched the vid. Goddam!

i love the old school helmets… look just like the modern day taiwanese rider helmet

The Manx TT… by far one of the finest British traditions going… :uk:

My grandmother used to live on the Isle of Man and I remember as a little boy going for trips to visit her… watching the TT with these insanely loud, frighteningly fast machines flying past Ballaugh Bridge at what seemed like suicidal speeds even to a naive kid was one of my earliest memories of motorycles and how cool they are…

dangerous mind you… almost every year riders are killed, over 146 riders have died since the TT’s inception in 1907, including 2 deaths in this year’s 2005 TT… :astonished:

[EDIT: suggest title change to “Manx TT road racing through the ages” since the video is exclusively a history of the TT on the Isle of Man… but I’m just a pedant :wink: ]

Very cool. Thanks Mordeth.

I seem to recall the first time I competed they had some kind of celebration at the end because no-one was killed. That’s how unusual it was!
The second year I was in it I also took part in the vintage “race” riding my dad’s Vincent and dressed in the old-style clothing along with all these other vintage machines, some of them from as far back as the 20s and still running well. It was a pretty cool experience.

Watching those big litre bikes haring round the course, though, makes me realize how far the sport has come since I was doing it in the 70s. Unbelievable!

I seem to recall the first time I competed they had some kind of celebration at the end because no-one was killed. That’s how unusual it was!
The second year I was in it I also took part in the vintage “race” riding my dad’s Vincent and dressed in the old-style clothing along with all these other vintage machines, some of them from as far back as the 20s and still running well. It was a pretty cool experience.

Watching those big litre bikes haring round the course, though, makes me realize how far the sport has come since I was doing it in the 70s. Unbelievable![/quote]

Wow…so that really was you during the black and white part :astonished: ?!?

Pretty impressive :notworthy: .

[quote]Wow…so that really was you during the black and white part Shocked! ?!?

Pretty impressive We are not worthy! .[/quote]
Ha ha! You might not believe this Mordeth, but we had colour film in the 70s. Electricity, too, and even refrigeration!

Actually, that race (not really a race, of course, more a parade, but we did the whole course and I remember getting the Vinnie up to nearly a ton at one point) was filmed. I saw it once and it was indeed impressive to see the amazing condition of some of those old bikes.

There’s a TT race video game in the Sega World at Tiger City in Taichung. The simulation is not very good but on the plus side, there’s a sticker on the machine saying “produced with the co-operation of the Isle of Man goverment”.

For those of you that liked the first vid…got a similiar one edited into the original post. Make sure you have your speakers turned up loud to appreciate it. :sunglasses:

Fixed the link for the first one…and this one is downloadable…so you might as well save it to your comp before the link goes dead again.

I love that song in the Moto Gp video I posted lower down on the OP…“Just got my license back…devil wants a ride, but I’ve already got an angel inside”…or something like that… :stuck_out_tongue: .