Israel/Gaza conflict

crimes against humanity ?what about crimes against the whole world? Humans are not the be all and end all, humans are simply one out of many animals that live on this speck of dust. We have no more right to exist than any of the others.

Raising the subject of big cat extinction brings a much-needed sense of perspective. It’s truly saddening to see so much media space devoted to the multiple conflicts in the Middle East while the real problems in the world go unremarked and unsolved, although TBH it would be far easier to stop poaching and deforestation worldwide than to fix the mess in the Middle East.

1360 People killed to date with estimated 80% being civilians. Almost 8000 Injured and maimed. Hospitals targeted , ambulances UN schools, Fuel depot which provides 2/3 of energy to Gaza, water purification plant and even the sewage treatment plant (cause ya know those rockets could be just about anywhere.) If this isn’t terrorism then for God’s sake ,what is?

[quote=“urodacus”]so are you all saying that the future of a few Palestinians and Israelis is more important than the extinction of all the top predators in Asia and Africa?

How fucked up is that.[/quote]

Are you telling me a few human lives in Israel and some cars in Africa are more important than preventing the next meteor strike that will whipe out life as we know it?

Are you telling me a few billion human lives are more important than the impending supernova of our sun that will destroy the solar system?

Are you telling me the end of a few measly planets is more important than expanding black holes in our sector of the galaxy?

now seriously: Are you telling me that any of that is important while people, at this very moment, are huddling in fear and squalor as they just wait for the sound of an incoming missile or footsteps at their door?

There’s an iron dome over most people’s hearts when it comes to Israel because sacred cows seem to be on some sort of endangered species list so you might as well save your breath.

This certainly did take a weird turn… Let’s ignore the fact that you’re trying to draw a ludicrous parallel between animal extinctions and the conflict in Gaza, but I see nothing wrong (or anti animal or planet by the way) with someone acknowledging that humans are in fact the most important species on the planet. I love animals as much as anybody. I don’t kill any animals, no cockroaches, no spiders, not even the ants in my kitchen (except mosquito’s because my girlfriend gets really mad if I let them live in the house) I have had countless arguments with Taiwanese people about their shark fin soup and the eradication of all kinds of species for the purpose of Chinese medicine that isn’t even effective as a placebo. But I’m sorry, there’s a huge difference between valuing and protecting ALL species on the planet, and actually suggesting that humans are not the most important species on the planet. And then going the extra mile to imply that actual people who are losing their lives as we speak in Gaza are “cheap and replaceable” :astonished:

Ethics is a funny old game, isn’t it? Almost as funny as religion.

[quote=“tommy525”]Ancestral land and all that. But if we could give the Israelis Idaho or some other state that could solve the Israel / Arab conflict. But, i suspect there still will be no peace in the MId East. Even if Israel became New Palestine or something.

It is just an incredible mess in the Mid East. Sadness and sorrow on all sides.

Possibly the kindle to the War to end all Wars that will one day come.[/quote]

The Zionists were originally offered Uganda. The leaders of the movement were split on whether or not to accept it. They ended up NOT accepting it as they felt they had “no right” to the land. Also, they did not think they could get the support from other Jews.

You have to remember, Israel may be strong and modern now, but 100 years ago, Zionism was not a huge movement. What the Zionists did, is, in fact, remarkable. They gathered a loosely bound people from all over the world based on a shared history and ancestry, with different languages, customs and outlooks. They then resurrected a language that had not been spoken for two thousand years (Hebrew only existed in a written form, people spoke it during prayers, read it while studying…but no one spoke it conversationally). Actually reading Hebrew books from around 200bc-1940’s, the grammar is all wrong. No one even knew Hebrew grammar…all of this has to be “reverse engineered” so to speak, and then modernized.

Pretty darn amazing.

And remember…Zionism is not a religious philosophy or endeavour. The original Zionists were largely communists and hated religion (ESPECIALLY Judaism).

I have no idea what point you are trying to make above. but, what exactly is so amazingly difficult to comprehend about an assertion that humans are not the most important species on the planet? :unamused:

Sure, humans are the most important species on the planet, but, that’s only according to humans. I imagine that if we took a poll of all living beings on the planet, the results would show clearly that humans are not anywhere near to being considered the most important species on the planet.

Is the obvious always hidden from you? :laughing:

Actually it wasn’t. Most Jewish people did not accept Zionism at the time and not to mention the competing Bolsheviks . Winston Churchill had some interesting thoughts this on this little tug o war if that’s what it really was.

[quote=“agentsmith”][quote]but 100 years ago, Zionism was
not
a huge movement.[/quote]

Actually it wasn’t. Most Jewish people did not accept Zionism at the time and not to mention the competing Bolsheviks . Winston Churchill had some interesting thoughts this on this little tug o war if that’s what it really was.[/quote]

We are in agreement. You just skipped a word :sunglasses:

Here’s someone else who thinks Iron Dome is magic:

kentucky.com/2014/07/29/3357 … ffice.html

[quote]The Iron Dome has been a big reason why Israel has been able to withstand the terrorists that have tried to tunnel their way in
[/quote]

The Republicans are mocking her mercilessly for thinking the missiles can somehow reach the tunnels. Actually, there are missiles that can do this, but not without doing a whole lot of collatoral damage. As in: levelling Gaza and blowing its inhabitants to smithereens. i think we can all agree that would be overkill.

[quote=“urodacus”]
Raising the subject of big cat extinction brings a much-needed sense of perspective. It’s truly saddening to see so much media space devoted to the multiple conflicts in the Middle East while the real problems in the world go unremarked and unsolved, although TBH it would be far easier to stop poaching and deforestation worldwide than to fix the mess in the Middle East.[/quote]

The big cats started it. Screw `em.

youtube.com/watch?v=BZIR7uMrC8k
countercurrentnews.com/2014/07/i … -children/

Israel is about the most disgusting country ever.

Keep in mind your news source. Counter Current is the only “news” outlet reporting this. I’m skeptical until mainstream media catches on.

Currently, every western civilised country in the world has suffered from muslim immigration or terrorism. The UK, Europe, USA, Australia and even China are all under attack from this savage cult. :loco:

Why are the world leaders pussy footing around this growing threat to our very existence?

This is a very serious matter and I shouldn’t be banned for expressing my opinion in the free world, although, I probably will. Good old free speech :roflmao:

Islam is not a race, it is a dangerous cult! I wouldn’t be brainwashed into hacking someone’s head off, no matter how hard a priest tried to convince me it was the will of the pope. Raping the odd 10 year old boy is nothing to the vile hatred of Islam!

Wake up!

Ban this post if you can find a single positive news story about muslims in any western news organisation. bet you can’t. It’s all death and destruction!!!

Poison, poison, poison!!! Burn our poppy’s, flags and effigies, you’ll never win :raspberry:

Bye everybody, especially the cowardly moderators… FREE SPPEECH!!!

That must be why all the terrorists come from Turkey and Egypt and Indonesia, some of the Muslim world’s most populous countries, right???

And that’s also why a full 25% of human beings are either terrorists or associated with terrorists! You’re on to something.

That must be why all the terrorists come from Turkey and Egypt and Indonesia, some of the Muslim world’s most populous countries, right???

And that’s also why a full 25% of human beings are either terrorists or associated with terrorists! You’re on to something.[/quote]

They’re all a product of Islam! You need to be on something…

And the positive, mainstream, media story of a muslim doing something other than rape, kidnap, beheading, suicide bombing, murder, torture, destroying ancient monuments and making the western world believe they are ‘the religion of peace’!? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Your turn…

thereligionofpeace.com

And the bigots come out to play.

Which part did I get wrong…? :ponder:

barenakedislam.com/2014/07/3 … y-advised/

And that’s also why a full 25% of human beings are either terrorists or associated with terrorists! You’re on to something.[/quote]

In my country, the mainstrean media supports Israel. There are 14 dead in one side and 200 in the other in one day… you guess which one makes the headlines.