Israel? Support or condemn?

I think it’s probably true most people, Palestinians and Israelis, just want some peace and stability in their life. Most of these things seems to be happening from decisions made way above them.

Videos like this makes my blood boil. I’m pretty jaded to some of the messed up things we regularly see now. But things involving children still just get to me.

1 Like

Seeing parents subject their kids to risk like that makes it very, very difficult to support whatever cause has driven the parent around the bend like that. Certainly going to harden the hearts of Israelis once they’ve served the IDS, seen things like this, and go on to have their own families. That father is incredibly stupid on many levels.

If Mexico launched 600 missiles into San Diego or North Korea into Seoul or ISIS into London, I don’t believe we would see the hand wringing and statements of “well, if you didn’t make them feel bad” that we see whenever Israel is involved. Really, I cannot imagine any other country demonstrating the same level of restraint.

If the roles were reversed and Palestine had the firepower and military might of Israel, Israel would be no more. We know this because they openly say it.

1 Like

I think most people don’t really care.

2 Likes

True with Hamas still in control, and they were elected by the Palestinians. Although I don’t believe they have had another election in a while.

Seems like something people have very strong opinions on for either side.

Probably in certian circles, but I think most people (even within the circles that have very strong opinions) don’t know nearly enough to comment. It’s probably the most controversial and complex geopolitical conflict today.

2 Likes

I guess that’s the problem, it’s complex. And information is almost always very one sided like the videos I posted above. You see videos of IDF soldiers killing and you see them restraining themselves against people like the one who used his kid. You see poor Palestinians living in awful conditions and you see them screaming for the extermination of Jews.

First bill in Congress to condition and to Israel in 25 years! Support Israel, good. Blank check, bad.

1 Like

Condemning the actions of Israels govt and military doesn’t make you an anti semite. Lots of Jewish oppositon to IDF actions in Gaza and West Bank.

Calling Israel’s existence into question because you condemn the actions of their military probably does though.

2 Likes

Depends on the actions.

What action would qualify?

No it doesn’t.
Bazillions of Jews all around the world refuse to acknowledge Israel the state as the de facto Jewish homeland. Bazillions more thoroughly reject current Israeli policies regarding Palestine.
Bazillions more support Israel but hate Bibi the gun thug and all his actions.

Equating the Israeli government with Judaism is like blaming every French speaker in the world (including the Caribbean) for Canadian Prime Minister Selfie’s shenanigans.

2 Likes

Where did you learn to count?

I agree with you.

The question need to be rephrased if that is the case.

From your Mom.

More like Carl Sagan.

Also correct and count me in there too.

Judaism does not equal Israel support. But then critques of its goverments actions shouldn’t be presented in terms of condemning the entire state or not.

Also yeah the math here is a bit iffy but I get your meaning.

For example, all the Ultra-Orthodoxers who refuse to recognize Israel because they adhere to the doctrine stating the Homeland can only be established after The Messiah comes.
Plus the non-Zionist Jews all over the world.
Neither of these groups is any less Jewish for their beliefs, is my point

Yeah, well, the “bazillion” was kind of a ballpark deal

3 Likes