Israeli held in Taiwan for over a month after road rage

“Fuck you.”

I have added commas, but I fear they don’t have the effect I desire. :idunno:

1 Like

If you keep that up, you’ll soon be in the Taiwan News.

Guy

1 Like

Jesus, I’m pulling my socks on and really need to get to the hardware store…just…just move on. :wall: :laughing:

4 Likes

There is no “wrong” way. Both ways are used in Buddhist swastikas…

5 Likes

i was not aware of that. gotta love that they just shrug about it. too much suffering in life to worry about impermanent things like the directions of symbols.

1 Like

Not just Buddhist many cultures

1 Like

Did you even read your own headline?

“Nazi imagery from Taiwan stems from ignorance, not hate, analysts say”

Taiwanese do not care about Jewism (or Christianity for that matter) one way or another.

1 Like

True but irrelevant, in these cases it was definitely used in a “swastika as in the Nazi party symbol”-context.

You want to argue. I see. Good luck with that.

You don’t speak for all Taiwanese. Just like I don’t.

1 Like

totally relevant, when you say the symbol is a historically detached object or prop, you seem to forget that taiwan has a lot of buddhism. context.

2 Likes

Yes, but the American in question is not criticising that regular Buddhist use, he is offended by the use in a specific Nazi Germany context.

:+1: :+1: image

1 Like

4 Likes

Taiwanese News for those who want to see the other side of the story

自由時報

蘋果新聞網

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.

“Prosecutors believe that… crime is clear, and he will be prosecuted for the crime of robbery and causing serious injury according to Article 332, Item 2, Subparagraph 4 of the Criminal Code”

Wonder if Ben from Israel is still in jail.

This thread seems to have a bit of unrelated material.

1 Like

Shows perfectly the superbly well working Taiwanese judiciary system. It’s a splendidly thriving democracy here …

It’s clear why most people use dashcams here, without it wealthy people will make up their side of the story…

Every day you can see car Vs motorcycle here. Yes both break rules but it’s 99 percent car drivers endangering lives … every km or so riding my bicycle in Taichung I get cut by cars turning right and have to break sharply. It won’t take forever until I have no way to break as quickly and crash into their car, and then without a dashcam likely car driver wins even though he cut me…

I am still waiting for the record for his first trial, but you can take a look to see why Lior is in jail and finally prosecuted for the crime of robbery and causing serious injury according to Article 332, Item 2, Subparagraph 4 of the Criminal Code (as mentioned by tango42).

三、查被告:o::o::o:前因強盜等案件,經本院訊問後,僅坦承有傷害之事實,否認有重傷之故意及強盜之行為,然起訴之犯罪事實除告訴人之指訴外,尚有在場證人之證述及相關證據在卷可佐,足認被告涉犯強盜使人受重傷罪,犯罪嫌疑重大,被告所涉犯行為最輕本刑有期徒刑5年以上之罪,考量被告自述經濟狀況良好,有相當資力,且被告在偵訊(原裁定誤載為警詢)中供稱案發後未留在現場是因為他是外國人,不相信臺灣的警方,雖被告其後改稱是因為當時傷勢嚴重始先行離去,然而被告未留在現場等待警方及救護車到場協助就醫,反自行返家,所述尚難採信,被告顯然對於臺灣的公權力有缺乏信賴及無法配合之可能,有相當理由足認被告在面對本案可能的重刑及沈重的賠償責任壓力下有逃亡之可能,且逃亡並不以逃亡出境為限,縱然被告經限制出境出海,並不因此可擔保被告可能配合後續審判程序之進行及刑罰執行之程序,考量被告的行為對於告訴人所造成的傷勢嚴重程度及對社會安全的危害性,並與羈押處分對被告人身自由之限制加以衡量,認為對被告羈押尚屬適當且有必要,依刑事訴訟法第101條第1項第3款之規定,於民國110年12月14日裁定羈押在案。

Bizarre incident. First a luxury car driver is not minding his own business [isn’t he supposed to play with his latest iPhone or something while waiting at a red light?]. Then the Israeli guy [戰鬥民族, wtf, can’t help but do racism right at the top of the article?] is probably flipping him off or something [which I think would be a typical reaction], then the rich guy starts chasing him [which I think would be a typical reaction], then the man from the “fighting people” can’t get away on a scooter [which I think should not be too difficult in downtown Taichung, just go through a few alleys, dude], then the driver stops and opens the window, probably shouting at him, then Lior [that a common name in Israel?], sees the LV bag and tries to snatch it [probably thinking sth like “if you shout at me, I steal your sh*t”]. Really? How dumb and unnecessary is this whole incident? I mostly don’t get the last part. Why on earth would you grab someone’s LV bag?

2 Likes

I prefer ladies with Birkin bags.

I agree. Grabbing the bag doesn’t sound right and doesn’t make sense (maybe it was added after the fact? to make the charges more severe?)
incident escalating into fist fight after car chases scooter, i can imagine how things escalated… The driver wanted to be Macho Man but instead got beat up severely…
Maybe he wanted to take the bag and throw it somewhere to keep the driver busy while he is running away? we don’t know…