Israeli navy in Suez Canal prepares for attack on Iran

They seemed to have solved the problem in South Africa as well as could be expected without either side massacring the other or pushing anyone into the sea.

Dunno if it would work that well (and by “well”, we’re talking about a country with staggering rates of rape, murder, etc. as well as an enormous exodus of certain segments of the population).

Dunno if it would work that well (and by “well”, we’re talking about a country with staggering rates of rape, murder, etc. as well as an enormous exodus of certain segments of the population).[/quote]

I haven’t heard of anyone wanting things to go back the way they were though. Imagine if whites and blacks were still fighting over exclusive domicile on the land . Things would really be ugly and hopeless looking there right about now.

Dunno if it would work that well (and by “well”, we’re talking about a country with staggering rates of rape, murder, etc. as well as an enormous exodus of certain segments of the population).[/quote]

I haven’t heard of anyone wanting things to go back the way they were though. Imagine if whites and blacks were still fighting over exclusive domicile on the land . Things would really be ugly and hopeless looking there right about now.[/quote]

I don’t know enough about what blacks in South Africa expected or wanted from whites prior to, and in the midst of, the changeover of power. Perhaps Zimbabwe might be a better example. I don’t know. Regardless, the way Hamas and other groups in the Middle East talk, they don’t see any solution other than Jews not being there. I don’t know where anyone is supposed to go with that. That’s the diplomatic solution you have when you’re not having a diplomatic position. It seems like there are hardliners on both sides (though hardliners on the Israeli side are far, far less likely to kill of their domestic opposition) for whom the only solution is 100% their solution, and they’re going to keep throwing all of their toys out of the sandpit until they get that solution, even if it completely fucks them in the process. The trouble is that it’s extremely difficult to respond to that because your opposition regard it as you blinking first and it emboldens them. I think it’s fucked that Israel has the settlements, but giving up a house and evicting a settler family doesn’t do anything but tighten the noose around Israel. They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t because they’re dealing with a bunch of unyielding cunts (regardless of whether they’re also cunts). You see it differently though.

The days of Israel thinking she can rely on the US to protect her is over. Israel is going it alone, unless you count Canada, in which case Israel is going it alone.

I think they shoudl just emigrate to Canada. We’ve got room.

Still rooting for Iran?[/quote]

I have faith that the young Iranian people will turn that country into some place that can live peacefully with the rest of the world.

I do not like their government, and neither do they.