It turns out you can relapse from the flu

Yeah could be as my eyes are inflamed too.

By the way, since last week Hsinchu is like London at peak industrial age. The air pollution is palpable.

In fact, I’ve shut all the windows around here. The last two days I woke up feeling great but soon was coughing and feeling a little crappy. Thought it was maybe a relapse or a new flu. I feel much better (no cough and no crappy feeling) since I shut the windows up this morning.

Christ, seems like China’s gunna kill us one way or another, with or without flying aids.

2 Likes

Man I’m on day 5 of this shit now! Still achy, fatigued, can’t remain standing for more than 15-20 minutes. It gets better little by little but oh my GOD I’m so tired of this. I can’t even believe how long flu takes to run its course.

Apple Cider Vinegar kicks the shit out of the flu. You should try it.

I hope you turn the corner soon. Are you drinking so much fluids that you are taking many, many bathroom breaks? I would do that and then look for the first chance to exercise to start sweating. I know you may be a few days from being able to do that, but flushing everything out of your system is very good in my experience. If the weather is bad, then I would close the windows, turn on my heaters, and do calisthenics until I started sweating profusely and continue in that way for some time (30 minutes or more).

Since it was my rush to get back to work and the gym that brought this upon me again, I’m afraid I’ll have to avoid exercising and observe a “convalescent period” following my illness if I want to stay well. Really sucks. You all know how I love the gym.

I’m not sure where to find ACV here. I used to keep a bottle on hand in the states for throwing a cup into my bath water. I know it’s supposed to be a good digestive, but I’ve never heard anything about what it does for colds or flu.

Dilute it, of course, and I wouldn’t go crazy with the stuff until you make sure your stomach is okay with this. They also sell imported ACV at Carrefour. I keep this at the office to help with hunger pangs as I’m doing intermittent fasting.

1 Like

Most supermarkets should have it. You can find it at Carrefour. Usually, local brands are easier to find.

For imported stuff like Bragg’s, try Jason’s Market. Although I did find Bragg’s at Carrefour once.

Whenever I feel the onset of symptoms like a sore throat, I will drink a diluted solution of it several times a day. And usually the next day I’m fine.

1 Like

Costco has the cheapest, 2 one liter bottles for like 300 NTD or so. Otherwise, organic stores like Santa Cruz carry it.

It allegedly has probiotics and vitamin C and in theory is good to boost immunity. Remember: one teaspoon in a glass of water, big glass of water, never drink by itself.

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling better by now, Hanna. If not, I recommend you get medical attention. It’s not expensive in Taiwan, after all, and there are almost no COVID 19 cases here, so don’t let that dissuade you.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m feeling a little better every day, it’s just slow. I did check back in with the doc again today. She seemed confident that I’m on the upswing and sent me home with some Panadol so I can try to make it through work on that over the next day or so.

I just can’t help but whine a bit about having to take it easy and stay away from the weights for a while. These GUNS don’t stay Big without me putting in the work…

2 Likes

Problem is that once the bug is done with you, your body is weak from the fight. So rest as much as you can, pamper yourself. Take care.

2 Likes