Italian Foods We Love

Before 199. Best before April 10, but they last longer.
Carrefour in Zhishan.

3 Likes

Terre d’Italia is the fancy brand of carrefour in Italy, very good quality!

3 Likes

Yes, the Spanish equivalent is also very solid on average, a shame that they don’t bring any here. What I have tried here from the French and Italian branches is very good.

I always check if there’s any clearance in that section.

2 Likes

The sauce next to that is amazing, turnip tops! With orecchiette is the most traditional dish of Bari, Apulia.

1 Like

Too late. I’m at home already :sweat_smile:
I’ll try to remember for next time.

1 Like

Another Beer in Pingtung Pizza Place, I missed Euro Pizza so went here tonight as most Taiwan Pizza places are like American Pizza

1 Like

That specific messina, with salt crystals, is quite popular in Italy now. I’m personally not a fan, but many ppl back home love it.

Among the beers in the list I only really like the moretti normal version, which is the most basic italian beer possible.

I will never understand how the poretti is so famous, especially abroad.

The peroni sold abroad, as said many times, is not the real peroni, it’s the former nastro azzurro, which i don’t like.

However, Messina beer is made by Heineken. Heineken now owns many of the popular beer brands in Italy, like also Ichnusa and moretti.

Peroni instead is owned by Asahi🤣

1 Like

Thanks for the lesson on the brands, save me some time later haha. I mainly go here for the Pizza, as I like it this way vs American Pizza versions which is common in this part of Taiwan and a decent price

2 Likes

How does that work?

Have no clue, they apparently put some salt crystals during the brewing process, indeed I taste a bit the sapidity, which many like. Not for me though

1 Like

I thought it was good beer with Pizza

just not my taste, many back home like it (my sis and my old man love it), just prefer normal beers, gimme a lager or a stout (or better a porter) and happy days for me.

It is a better industrial beer than many for sure.

Had sweet instead of salty in Pingtung

is it like ricotta and honey?

On the menu its listed as "four cheese (in Chinese text). Ricotta could be one, it seems yes honey? Can you get this in Italy, or is it localized?

well, cheese and honey is possible to get, maybe not 4 different kinds at a time. Ricotta is usually the way to go since it’s mostly neutral and fresh taste, so balances the sweetness of the honey.

1 Like

haha, ok. Was not sure it was made sweet for Taiwanese, or in Italy they had this version. Its not sweet like a desert but not salty as I like it (or used to it, i should say)

1 Like

got salty, not sweet ones here
went to kaoshuing Pizza bros, not sweet, was good and quick. Best to eat in as take away would be cold and taste different

1 Like

They really made the ice cream look just like pizza. Those chocolate chips look just like olives!

Not ice cream, they trick you

1 Like