It's 9:40

It’s 9:40 and I am a bit worried. I have a student here that should of been picked up almost three and a half hours ago. Nobody answers the phone at home and nobody answers their cellphones. Not only am I tired, stinky and in need of a drink, I am worried about this little boy.

I have parents call and say they will be late…fine. I have had parents show up drunk, I even had one parent show up bleeding from a head wound after her loser husband attacked her with a knife, but at least they either showed up or called.

I will wait until 10:15 and then I will call the police.

Its 12:13AM

ToeGasps

Curious what happened. Please let us know. I hope everyone is ok.

How’s your new son, DB ?

For some reason, after I posted last night I couldn’t log back on.

At about 10:40, I was finally able to contact the grandmother. I almost slapped her when she complained about us not calling her (we tried for three hours).

It is very surprising how often this happens. Parents not getting the job done. They think that money, a PS2, or a TV can do the parenting for them. I want to hork everytime I hear the locals spout off about “traditional family values”. :fume: Gotta get my kids out of this fucked up place… :frowning:

That’s mad. Tell the silly bint you’re running a business not a bleeding orphanage. (Bet you did!)

better believe it! wish someone tried that on me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

still figure every student counts, db? :slight_smile: just funnin’

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]

still figure every student counts, db? :slight_smile: just funnin’[/quote]

Yeah, I still think that way. And getting upset wouldn’t have done anybody any good. Just gotta take the cane sometimes.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]
I have parents call and say they will be late…fine. I have had parents show up drunk, I even had one parent show up bleeding from a head wound after her loser husband attacked her with a knife, but at least they either showed up or called.

I will wait until 10:15 and then I will call the police.[/quote]

That’s really fucked up. What’s up with the Taiwanese people? Does shit like this happen frequently in Taiwan?

I’ve just found out in another thread what “9:40” refers to, and I think giving drugs to a child is sick.

They won’t apprieciate it, keep it for yourself.

I’m pretty sure that sort of thing has happened at the schools I’ve worked at (as laowai, I get a free ride on most hassles of that nature :sunglasses: ), but what’s more frequent is one relative (e.g., grandma) picking up the kid and the other (usually the mother) showing up later and saying, “Where’s my kid?”

That doesn’t sound like a problem, but what sometimes happens is (a) nobody remembers the kid being picked up, (b) whoever was watching the kids when that one was picked up has gone home, or (c) whoever, etc., is out of pocket at the moment.

That’s when people start getting scared.

Another thing is kids coming and going on their own. One night a long time ago at my school, I went out to satisfy my nicotine urge, and as I was walking back from my smoking station, I saw two of our students (older sister and younger brother, like maybe nine and seven) leaving the school. Also, I could have sworn I knew who they were. I went upstairs and asked some teachers if those two usually walked home, and they said no. Nobody got very worried, though because everybody at the school thinks I’m nuts :laughing:

Anyway, the next day, those two kids swore up and down that they didn’t walk home, that their mom got them, etc. I don’t think I was hallucinating, but who knows?

Anyway, no offense, Durins Bane, but I’m not sure I’d want to be in your position. . . .