It's a spot-the-criminal wedding

Well, well, well.

So Chang Wei, the second son of the boss of the mainlander crime gang Bamboo Union gets married, says Sunday’s Liberty Times on p14.

A number of former and current leading crime figures were also in attendance, prompting a big police turnout. Daddy Chang, who is wanted by police but is apparently overseas, participated via internet hook-up.

And guess who sent their best wishes for the happy couple?

Yep. Lien Chan. James Soong. Wang Jin-pyng.

I also have it on good authority that Kao Chin Su-mei

I find this utterly uninteresting and gossipy.
Obviously zhujianlun has the spare time to read Taiwan’s entertainment newspaper, in which case I’m sure he can spare a moment to get a higher high on the one, the only Anti-PRC News instead?

[quote=“zhujianlun”]
And guess who sent their best wishes for the happy couple?

Yep. Lien Chan. James Soong. Wang Jin-pyng.[/quote]Saying thank you for the rent-a-mobs post-presidential election (loss)… not to mention the staunch support for immediate unification.

You know that BU pressed for and was granted permission to form a political party?

[quote=“zhujianlun”]And guess who sent their best wishes for the happy couple?

Yep. Lien Chan. James Soong. Wang Jin-pyng.
[/quote]

What do you have to do to get “best wishes” sent by politicians for your wedding? Suppose I wanted them to send best wishes for my wedding, perhaps it would be a simple task of writing to them and inviting them to the wedding. I’d imagine it would be quite easy to get a “best wishes for your wedding” letter from George W. Bush.

Local government officials must give hong bau to recently married people in their district. If they don’t, my wife says they might lose their elected position. Do you think Lien Chan, James Soong and Wang Jin-pyng sent hong bau to the newly married couple?

The Bamboo Union and the KMT have been tight all along. No surprise at all really (except perhaps that they’re not trying to hide it more).

Brian

Chang’s politics make him an attractive ally to Beijing despite his record. Born in Nanjing in 1948, one year before the Communist takeover, Chang is a committed proponent of Taiwan’s reunification with China. Chang’s presence underscores an uncomfortable issue in a rapidly changing China – ties between organized crime figures and the Communist Party.

I think given the recent kmt/CCP lovefest, it is relevant to understand his background. link from quick google search.

Zhujianlun, nothing astonishing at all.

And major gangsters’ funerals also get flowers and stuff from Lian, Soong, Ma, and even Chen Shui-bian, Annette etc. Used to shock me when I still believed the greens wanted to be tough on organized crimes, but not anymore. This is Taiwan, local politicians all know local gangsters.