Its holloween nite here but where the Frick are the monsters

Here I am , armed with boxes of very good cookies with my porch light turned on, but where the frick are the little monsters???

There are no fricking monsters asking Trick or Treat?? What the frick has the world come to?

I shall have to eat the cookies myself then.

But in berkeley tonite (where i gobbled down some grub) all the students and kids were out in force. It was pretty cool !! Lots of people heading out to various peoples homes for a party. The at times heavy rain did put a damper on things i can imagine? We are getting this seasons first rains.

Did they hear of the episode at the laundry?

On the Campaign trail…

yea, no kids came to my house as well, i ended up eating all of the candies :discodance:

I just finished all the cookies I bought for the little munchkins who were all no shows.

My mama told me that back in the 1950s, the kids used to avoid my grandma’s house on Halloween night because it was reputed to be haunted.

but wouldnt that be perfect on halloween nite???

Do kids actually go trick-or-treating in Taiwan? (I mean to strangers’ houses.) I’ve never seen or heard of this, although I know there are Halloween parties and sometimes groups of people organize trick-or-treat routes.

Must be a Taipei thing… :eh:

[quote=“nemesis”]Do kids actually go trick-or-treating in Taiwan? (I mean to strangers’ houses.) I’ve never seen or heard of this, although I know there are Halloween parties and sometimes groups of people organize trick-or-treat routes.

Must be a Taipei thing… :eh:[/quote]

donno im in the bay area

but wouldnt that be perfect on halloween night???[/quote]

Maybe I can’t tell it accurately, but I think there’s an old Chinese story about a king who was very interested in dragons. He had read all about them and he had all kinds of works of art depicting dragons. The story continues that a dragon got wind of the king’s interest and went to see him. When the king laid eyes on the dragon, he became terrified and ran away.

Maybe most people who are fascinated by the supernatural realm (whether there is such a realm or not) would show themselves to prefer to be fascinated from a distance if their fascination were ever put to a test.

but wouldnt that be perfect on halloween night???[/quote]

Maybe I can’t tell it accurately, but I think there’s an old Chinese story about a king who was very interested in dragons. He had read all about them and he had all kinds of works of art depicting dragons. The story continues that a dragon got wind of the king’s interest and went to see him. When the king laid eyes on the dragon, he became terrified and ran away.

Maybe most people who are fascinated by the supernatural realm (whether there is such a realm or not) would show themselves to prefer to be fascinated from a distance if their fascination were ever put to a test.[/quote]

Very true…I aint going where I knows there are globins.