It's SO freaking cold that

…you have to pre-warm the shampoo or you get an ice cream headache when you put it on your damn haid…

My wife is actually sleeping close to me… :snore:

That I want to move back to Ireland, in winter!

My LABRADOR retriever is turning his back on his cold-weather roots and becoming a wuss.

is this year abnormally cold or what? it might be time to start heating my place :doh:.

[quote=“Maoman”]My LABRADOR retriever is turning his back on his cold-weather roots and becoming a wuss.

[/quote]

LOL. That’s so cute.

…that I’ve been drinking red wine as well as the usual TB.
…that I’ve cut a hole in a blanket to make a poncho a la Clint Eastwood’s The Man with No Name.

But seriously, harden up wussies. It’s not cold, at least not down here in sunny Chiayi. :sunglasses:

Mine too! And we all know what that can lead to… :whistle:

Guys stop with the complaining before it starts raining! I can’t remember much better weather in Taipei.

Quite true. Last year the rain started the last week of January and it continued, almost non-stop, for three months. All my flowers drowned.

Fair enough, Teeg, this cold with rain I’d be ready to shoot myself in the fucking head.
Doesn’t rain mean it’s warming up though?
Or does that just work for snow?

[quote=“almas john”]
…that I’ve cut a hole in a blanket to make a poncho a la Clint Eastwood’s The Man with No Name.[/quote]

Damn! I forgot! Last year Broonale brought me back a real one of those from Mejico and the wife stored it.
Gaddamn, first thing I do when I get home tonight is dig that bad boy out…

It’s so cold that there’s no difference between refrigerated and unrefrigerated drink.

Also I need to wear a sweater and a jacket and still feel cold.

I felt like it could snow or something down here… I wonder what if it happens… it would be like The Day After Tomorrow…

. . . that my nipples are erect. :howyoudoin:

. . . some parts of my anatomy are hard to find. :blush:

… that my nether regions are experiencing shrinkage (also known as “the Buttercup effect”).

Hey chief, I heard that Broone Ale did indeed buy you an exotic item of clothing with a hole in it, but it was no poncho.

[quote=“almas john”]…that I’ve been drinking red wine as well as the usual TB.
l:[/quote]

You too huh? It is cold.

[quote=“almas john”]
But seriously, harden up wussies. It’s not cold, at least not down here in sunny Jiayi. :sunglasses:[/quote]

You either never drive a motorcycle or you are insane.

I had to drive from one end of the city to the other at about 9p.m. Tuesday night (about 15 minutes) and I was frozen by the time I got home. I can’t imagine what the wind chill would be driving at 60-80 k.p.h.

That’s what it boils down to. I you drive a car this weather is not too bad. But on a motorcycle the warmth is sucked right out of you and it’s difficult to get warm again till ya go to bed or take a shower/bath.

The trouble with Taipei is that the inside of your house is pretty much the same temperature as the outside and even with a kerosene heater and some oil filled ones going full blast its only marginally better in those concrete homes.

And of course it all gets worse when its raining !!! Taipei is indeed miserable in the winter time. Les Miserables indeed.

I would think the hot german wine glubwine should become all the rage in Taiwan. Someone should start that trend.

Over here in the bay area , my home is heated to 24c while it can get below zero in the wee hours outside. But Im warm as toast inside.

And having a warm home allows you to stand the outdoors when you are out there. But being cold 24/7 due to a cold home reallly makes it hard to warm up cept underneath a foot of blanket (a human companion certainly helps here).

In TAiwan I was really only warm in my heated car or under covers. I remember just sticking a hand out from the covers in the morning and planning for the wild dash from room to the hot shower. It was a count down 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1…10

And I also remember the days when the cold front brings the temperature down to 3 or 4 c !! And I was dressed in a ski jacket and jeans and warm socks. Was I skiing or climbing mount Everest you ask? No, I was just in my living room watching tv. And even thus equipped, it was STILL COLD>

Beautiful weather. I pray for it. After having lived in Tasmania for 16 years and Melbourne for 7, the rain and cold doesn’t fuss me. I was surprised when it hit 8 degrees the other day, but unless there’s a wind it’s no big deal. Of course I travel by MRT and foot, so I don’t have the problems of scooter riders.

ARGH!! It ain’t cold! You call this cold?? Ya goddamn pantie-waists!OOOO! Sorry! Don’t cry! Do you want me to call your mommy for you? Yeah? Your mommy? Do you want your mommy? Yeah? OK! Don’t cry!