IUP, BLCU, or MTC?

[quote=“ironlady”]

I will state the obvious again: for BOTH Fujen (GITIS) and NTU (GITI), foreign and Chinese applicants take the identical entrance exams for the translation/interpretation program. Full stop.

Terry[/quote]

Today I took the Shi-Da exam. ZERO foreigner was there because the application deadline for foreigners is not due yet. :raspberry:

I have never known that the most obvious truth can be so convoluted. :wink:

Why should I be so persistent? Truth is here:(Only Chinese) :help:
http://www.ntnu.edu.tw/aa/aa4/aa4.html

PS

NTU is National Taiwan U = TaiDa
NTNU is National Taiwan Normal U = ShiDa
GITI is in ShiDa :notworthy:

Are things really that bad at Shida right now? :astonished:

I’m going there this summer, a little worried now :s

Are the classes at these places (especially Shida) 50 minutes? I’m not just talking about the nominal class time, I’m curious as to whether or not any schools actually take class time seriously and try to start and end class at the scheduled times.

Just to go back to the comparisons between the schools, I studied at Qinghua in Beijing for a year, not in the IUP course, but in their normal language school for foreigners.

If you’re going to compare Qinghua with BLCU I’d have to vote for Qinghua, as a general rule there are fewer westerners than BLCU (so less chances to slack off and speak english), plus the classes are smaller, especially at the higher levels. Probably the only thing BLCU has over Qinghua is that they are much stricter on attendance, they wont hesitate to kick you out once you miss a certain number of classes, Qinghua on the other hand don’t care at all as long as you pay your fees!!

As I said I didn’t study in IUP but I did know some of the kids who did, over the course of the year they all progressed super fast, mostly because they worked real hard. They have masses of homework, small classes and a fair bit of one-on-one time, so although it’s an expensive program it’s probably worth the money. If you do want to do IUP one way to make it cheaper would be to see if you can get in the cheaper dorms = all IUP kids at Qinghua were in the most expensive dorms, but there is other dorm accom available for foreigners there which is not quite so nice but much cheaper. You might have to push them a bit on this one, but I"m sure there’s a way around it!!