I've lost my sense of humor

Sadly, I realized after watching that movie Funny People that I’ve lost my sense of humor. I no longer find the mention of dick size, anal sex, ball licking, and ass jeans vaguely amusing, which is pretty distressing really because there was a time when any one of these topics would tickled my mirth. Not anymore though, not after seeing Funny People. I’m not sure if it was me, topic over exposure, or just a shit script.

Is this the future when nothing is funny anymore?

Comedians desperate for a laugh are left talking about pounding asses to an audience that yawns, yearning for a good rib-tickling while openly discussing the ins and outs of a Dirty Sanchez (don’t ask).

Oh for christ sake, it’s Adam Sandler. :unamused: Don’t beat yourself up over it.

I always reckoned you Antipodean types to have a uniquely crafted sense of haha that no one else in the world shared.
Well, the Kiwis might, but everyone knows they have NO sense of humour.
Don’t despair, I’ll bet the thought of a pancaked wallaby on the highway still has you in stitches, yeah?

You’ll be fine.

Canadian National Treasure David Wilcox:

Try this: cbc.ca/video/news/audioplaye … 1467722178

[quote=“the chief”]I always reckoned you Antipodean types to have a uniquely crafted sense of haha that no one else in the world shared.
Well, the Kiwis might, but everyone knows they have NO sense of humour.
Don’t despair, I’ll bet the thought of a pancaked wallaby on the highway still has you in stitches, yeah?

You’ll be fine.

Canadian National Treasure David Wilcox:

I get a laugh out of Lady Gaga and I liked that skit bob posted about BP.

It’s true what you say about Australians, we aren’t funny. I mean between beating up on Abos, slagging off at wogs, and sinking asylum seekers, there’s little time left for a laugh.
Most Australians just get around feeling either outraged at Telstra (the mobile carrier), confused about Afghanistan (the terrorist incubator), angry at banks (the human degradators) or lost in a world of McCloud’s Daughters.

Scratch your average Aussie and you’ll find an angry person, with a million dollar home, at a beachside park, beer in hand, weening his daughter off ecstasy while bagging a high-school teacher.

When in need of a laugh, I listen to Jeff Foxworthy’s Single life is just too hard.

Most movie comedies nowadays don’t do anything for me. I always blame it on the cultural barrier, different concepts of what is funny. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Hollywood flick or a local TV game show. Most stuff on TV that makes locals laugh just goes over my head.

Back home, you find something to make fun of in almost every daily life situation, because life is so hard there that if you do not laugh, you’d jump of a bridge. Also, people are more aware of their surroundings. Here, a birdie brings a smile to my face, my Toto makes people smile, too, if they notice him.

Really?? I think Australians are super funny, much more than Canadians or Americans. I mean most North Americans, like to go on and on and on and drone on, but Australians have this witty one liner things and they laugh more easily than the Brits. But well…

Times change.

(Some) People change.

I used to think Mad Magazine and fart jokes were hilarious.

Adam Sandler still does. :neutral:

As for local TV humor going over your head, I’m guessing most of it is no more sophisticated than Sandler . . .

or maybe you’re really short.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha! :roflmao: :discodance:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha! :roflmao:

Really?? I think Australians are super funny, much more than Canadians or Americans. I mean most North Americans, like to go on and on and on and drone on, but Australians have this witty one liner things and they laugh more easily than the Brits. But well…[/quote]

We just think we’re funny, but we’re not. North Koreans are funnier. Of course, I’m not the person to ask because I’ve lost my sense of humor as evidenced by watching Funny People stone faced for 2hrs and 20 minutes. By the way, some one should tell the Americans that more is not less when you are a victim of having lost your sense of humor.

[quote=“Fox”] I no longer find the mention of dick size, anal sex, ball licking, and ass jeans vaguely amusing,[/quote]So you’re a fart joke person, nothing wrong with that, not all movies contain fart jokes.

Adam Sandler is crap… but he is streets ahead of his “comedy” cohort Rob Schneider

All those Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler movies leave me cold. Will Ferrell, too. And those are in heavy rotation in all channels…

It’s always in the last place you look.

Where’s my million dollar home? divea, I’m with you.

Where’s my million dollar home? divea, I’m with you.[/quote]
:laughing: Are you bagging a high school teacher?

The other day a forumosan was wondering where he should store his car over the weekend and it occured to me that he should store it up his ass. It was all I could do to keep from posting it I thought it was so funny. I still think it’s funny. Weird though because I absolutely agree about the raunch out humor on TV all the time. Most of it is boring and distasteful. Like eating cold scrambled eggs for breakfast every morning and slowly coming to the realization that they are going rancid. Yick.

I think you and fox are identical twins separated at birth.

ETA: I laughed out loud at the first part of your post

This thread is not funny.

Pfft. Kiwis.

A man walks into a bar and slips on an enormous turd. he goes slipping and sliding across the floor on his back until he piles into the wall. He’s covered in crap.
Another guy walks in several seconds later, slips on the giant turd too, goes whizzing along, across the deck and slams into the wall beside the first guy.
The first guy looks at the second guy and says “I just did that!”

If that doesn’t make you laugh, then you’ve definitely lost it.