I've lost the ability to panic

I’ve lost the vital ability to pnic even in the face of danger, it sems. i’ve been telling mysef to get my self together for tomorrow, but my body doesn’t seem to be able to decode the message my mind has been sending it for the past few days. I can only motivate myself to do things at the brink of disaster these days. Is it only me, or is it a virus? :noway:

Take advantage of this, e.g. by working as a security guard at a Scandinavian embassy in the Middle East. :wink:

Other than that, eat more healthy food, do more exercise and think about something positively motivating you (vacation?) and something that motivates you in a “no, I don’t want everybody to laugh at me”-way (next family or class reuinion?). Worked for me!

Panic? Who me? Never… :flog:

Mei Guanshi.

Heheh. You have something known as Lao-Wei Shellshock.

This reminds me of the time I went back to British Columbia to do a French Immersion Course, Summer 2002.

I had been living in Taiwan for about 5 years, motorcycling the whole time, of course.

Well, there was a little construction going on in the building one day. We didn’t pay much mind.

Then…suddenly…someone in the neighbouring classroom started up a jack-hammer and started to take apart the floor. EVERYONE JUMPED and hit the roof…some people fell out of their desks.

I didn’t flinch.

When the commotion had cleared and our teacher had chased the crew away to work on another building, everyone looked at me like I was the devil or a corpse or something, and I was all, ‘I’ve been living in Taiwan.’

That is odd. Recently I discovered I had lost the ability to picnic! Damn mosquitoes.