I've never been to America, but I know all about it from TV

[quote=“TomHill”]McDonalds in America is scary.
And no-one in America understood the words ‘Im on holiday.’ You have to change it to ‘I’m on a vacation.’[/quote]

What are you doing eating at a McDonalds on your American vacation? I love the hypocrisy of these Europeans that bash McDonalds and yet frequent it regularly when they go on vacation.

Let me guess, you have a secret fetish for McDonalds ladies with fry fingers?

[quote=“JAS”][quote=“TomHill”]McDonalds in America is scary.
And no-one in America understood the words ‘Im on holiday.’ You have to change it to ‘I’m on a vacation.’[/quote]

What are you doing eating at a McDonalds on your vacation? I love the hypocrisy of these Europeans that bash McDonalds and yet frequent it regularly when they go on vacation.

Let me guess, you have a secret fetish for McDonalds ladies with fry fingers?[/quote]

I have spent about 4 months in the states, so the odd McDonalds meal is inevitable. Not a hypocritical thing at all really.

Yeh Tom, you better watch it! You’re about a post away from a “your momma’s so fat” joke

They have a show about that on MTV. People cuss each others mothers for sport. Nice.

Yo mommas so fat that when the doctor told her she had Ebola he still gave her 80 years to live.

They have a show about that on MTV. People cuss each others mothers for sport. Nice.

Yo mommas so fat that when the doctor told her she had Ebola he still gave her 80 years to live.[/quote]

Didn’t the show Friday Night Fights about rappers going head to head ala 8 Mile Road originate from Britain? When I think of England now, I think of rappers, really.

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“belgian pie”]

['The Ground Truth' a blacklisted film about Iraq

FYI, it’s not allowed to quote from other threads … :smiley:

Anyways, many foreigners know more about the US than Amercican citizens do … :smiley:

[quote=“TomHill”]McDonalds in America is scary. Very scary… The one I went to in Philadelphia was practically a homeless shelter. The one in LA the girl had the worlds longest nails, and told me to wait as she was chatting with her friend.

Even the president of the US is scary … :smiley:

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“JAS”][quote=“TomHill”]McDonalds in America is scary.

What are you doing eating at a McDonalds on your vacation? I love the hypocrisy of these Europeans that bash McDonalds and yet frequent it regularly when they go on vacation.

Let me guess, you have a secret fetish for McDonalds ladies with fry fingers?[/quote]

I have spent about 4 months in the states, so the odd McDonalds meal is inevitable. Not a hypocritical thing at all really.[/quote]
I wouldn’t say that. The last 10 years I spent in that country did not see me inside one.
If I can go 10 years, you can go 4 months. You went in there because you LOVE GREASY FRIED FINGERS!! Admit it.

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“TomHill”][quote=“JAS”][quote=“TomHill”]McDonalds in America is scary.

I have spent about 4 months in the states, so the odd McDonalds meal is inevitable. Not a hypocritical thing at all really.[/quote]
I wouldn’t say that. The last 10 years I spent in that country did not see me inside one.
If I can go 10 years, you can go 4 months. You went in there because you LOVE GREASY FRIED FINGERS!! Admit it.[/quote]

It’s about the only affordable food they have in the country …

True Americans know that the McDLT was the most killerest sandwich they ever made.

thanks for the compliment. i am often not sure myself.[/quote]

Yeah… See, I knew you must be doing that sh*t intentionally to confuse us slow kids in class, urodacus. :laughing:

McRib, McRib, McRib!!! Nothing like a good pork fat sandwich

You got that from Oprah?

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“TomHill”][quote=“JAS”][quote=“TomHill”]McDonalds in America is scary.

If I can go 10 years, you can go 4 months. You went in there because you LOVE GREASY FRIED FINGERS!! Admit it.[/quote]
I was a vegetarian at the time, and the fish sandwich was a cheap option for a back packer.

Fish is not a vegetable …

I think this thread is become a bit negative, so I think we should turn it around and start listing all the things we admire about America:

• The best business culture in the world
  • The greatest movies and TV culture (where would we be with the Simpsons)

there’s heaps, tyc00n. just not good if that’s all you’re allowed/enabled/entitled/bothered to see.

which is better: animal farm or animal house?

depends on what you want at the moment i suppose…

hey, i’ve gotta dash, gotta plane to catch to get a last week of skiing in before the warm wether melts all the snow. been nice sparring with youse.

youse: is it a better plural form of you than y’all?

OK, leaving out the Irish, this is funnily ironic. None of the white Anglo culture in South Africa, NZ, Australia, or Canada is originally part of your countries, it forced its way in by imperial conquest!

It’s telling that those four countries are the four countries in the world most concerned about American cultural imperialism. It’s because as relatively recently formed immigrant societies, their cultural identity is on shakier ground and more fragile than most other countries’ identities. The Chinese and Indians and Japanese don’t obsess very much about American cultural imperialism. In Taiwan, the Taiwanese know that American TV is no threat to them; it’s not going to supplant 5,000 years of Chinese culture. Australians like you do feel threatened, and with good reason - your culture has shallow roots and can easily be uprooted. If you really had faith in your own culture, you wouldn’t need to feel insecure.

Just like Lars von Trier said: “[…] my lack of knowledge about America is because I’ve seen the wrong films.” :wink:

I’ve had veggie fish in Taiwan. Tastes just like fish.