Jackie Chan: Taiwan is the Joke of the Universe

[quote]http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/060920/2/4ad5.html

影星成龍繼兩年前批評台灣總統大選的兩顆子彈是「天大的笑話」,前晚又批台灣政局是「宇宙的笑話」,再度引發爭議。

Movie star Jackie Chan two years ago criticized Taiwan’s presidential election 2 bullets as the “Biggest Joke in the world”, last night he criticized Taiwan’s government as “Joke of the Universe,” once again attracting critism.[/quote]

I guess he not planning on coming to Taiwan anytime soon. Do you think Taiwan will ban his movies again?
Well at least he sympathizes with the cops on Taiwan later on in the article.

Was that his, well his wifes, baby he was holding?

Can we make a jackie chan sucks balls tshirt?

You could have a scene of Jacky Chan stumbling blind drunk across the stage in the middle of some Canto crooner’s concert and being booed off as recently happened here in HK.

What an increasingly petulant and irrelevant dickhead.

HG

he’s in an advert with arnie in the cinema right now,something to do with fight against piracy,lame and hypocrit

So…was that his baby he was holding?

he’s a joke, nothing new there.

Did he really say that ? Well, Did he ?

No, he didn’t.

I got the impression the kid was part of the movie he was promoting, when he decided to make another comment about Taiwan’s political situation.

I think the movie about Jackie being a bad guy that kidnaps a kid.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You could have a scene of Jacky Chan stumbling blind drunk across the stage in the middle of some Canto crooner’s concert and being booed off as recently happened here in HK.

What an increasingly petulant and irrelevant dickhead.

HG[/quote]

It happened in HK, but the singer was Taiwanese. I wonder if that was why he did it? He seems to have a thing about Taiwan.

[quote]July 11, 2006; 3:41 PM

HONG KONG – Jackie Chan disrupted a concert by Taiwanese singer-songwriter Jonathan Lee and exchanged insults with the audience, a news report said Tuesday.

Ming Pao Daily News quoted the 52-year-old action star as saying onstage that he was drunk.

Chan suddenly jumped on the stage Monday night and demanded a duet with Lee. He then tried to conduct the band but stopped and restarted the music several times, the newspaper reported.

As the awkward interruption dragged on, audience members started to heckle Chan, who replied with an insult, according to the report. . .[/quote]
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 00397.html

Thanks for clearing that up. MT.

I suspect Jacky’s got the China nationalist bug stuck up his arse. In interviews he quite frequently prattles on about China vs the west. As you can see in the Taiwan politics forum, a hallmark of China nat thought is disgust and resentment at any posibility of Taiwan going its own way.

HG

Taiwan has a government?

Jackie did suggest last year that more Chinese women should marry non-Chinese men to spread Chinese culture.

Does that make him a nationalist?

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Jackie did suggest last year that more Chinese women should marry non-Chinese men to spread Chinese culture.

Does that make him a nationalist?[/quote]

I’d stick with dickhead on that one. Although, it has some merit, unfortunately for him the flow tends to go in the other direction.

HG

it makes him a weirdo.

If I was a woman, I would think Jackie Chan is irresistably unsexy.

It is okay for guys to be in touch with their sensitive side as well. It’s the 21st century, you know. Not to mention Taiwan does allow for legal homosexual marriages.

I think he is watching too much of TVBS over there. Even I, after 5 minutes and not understanding a single word think it is a joke…

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]It happened in HK, but the singer was Taiwanese. I wonder if that was why he did it? He seems to have a thing about Taiwan.
[/quote]
He was actually invited to sing a duet with Jonathan Lee at the previous night’s concert. And he decided to goof around the second night… to the displeasure of some in the audience. They ultimately did sing another duet that night, by the way.

I’m surprised it took you 5 minutes to jump to a conclusion about something you don’t understand. Taiwanese TVBS is available, but not widely watched in Hong Kong. Perhaps you’re referring to TVB, which is a free broadcast channel in Hong Kong.

And damn straight, Jackie Chan is an unabashed Chinese nationalist.