Jacky Wu disses Muslims

Taiwanese ranconteur and man of letters Jacky Wu is in a bit of an imbroglio for besmirching the good name of Muhammad.

On the 《齊天大勝》variety/quiz show, the subject of Muslims being forbidden to eat pork came up. Wu joked that he had heard that Muhammad had been reared on pork milk, without which he wouldn’t have survived. For this reason it’s forbidden for Muslims to eat pork.

Not too surprisingly, reaction to Wu’s comments were strongly worded. “If this had happened in an Islamic country, Jacky’s head would already be off! Taishi TV station would have been bombed long ago!” Another helpfully added, “Who dares mock our saviour! Muslims cannot tolerate the humiliation of our prophet like this!”

Jacky better hope that they don’t get the Apple Daily in Afghanistan.

appledaily.com.tw/News/index … ID=2251272

Who’s in the mood for a fatwa?

Jacky Wu’s a twat anyway. He’s not worth the effort.

[quote=“alidarbac”]

Who’s in the mood for a fatwa?[/quote]

I am if it means removing that fool of the air. :noway:

It wasn’t Wu’s joke - it is a quite common misconception in China. On more than one occasion, Han people in Beijing informed me that the reason why Hui (Moslem) people don’t eat pork was bacause Mohammed’s life was saved by a pig. The milk element is new to me, but it is clearly just another version of the same silly story. Wu probably really believed it. His fault is his inability to recognise a silly story when he sees one. When you consider the average Taiwanese person’s knowledge of international history, geography and culture (thanks to KMT education, continued much as before under the DPP, and the quality of what passes for news media in Taiwan), you can be sure that Wu is not alone in his ignorance.

Today he made a big public apology to Moslems in general - hopefully they will be satisfied.

How come Islam is the only present day religion that thinks it is A-okay to murder you if you impinge their religion???

I think some Xtians believe like that too…

[quote=“Shin-Gua”]How come Islam is the only present day religion that thinks it is A-okay to murder you if you impinge their religion???[/quote]Yeah…I mean…its not like Mohammad married a 9 year old girl or something.

…Ohhh…wait a minute…

<==== shameless infidel

Two cheers for freedom of speech.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Shin-Gua”]How come Islam is the only present day religion that thinks it is A-okay to murder you if you impinge their religion???[/quote]Yeah…I mean…its not like Mohammad married a 9 year old girl or something.

…Ohhh…wait a minute…

<==== shameless infidel[/quote]

I think some Xtians believe like that too…[/quote]

For instance?

Abortion bombers.

Not quite the same. Sure some Xtian wackos have killed doctors (how many? More than 10?), but there are Muslim suicide bombers going off every day. It happens so often it’s boring now.

Not to the people who get blown up I don’t imagine.

The difference is not a matter of quantity… the nutters who kill abortion docs are not doing so because the docs have insulted Christianity… they’re doing it because they believe that the docs are murdering babies.

That’s quite a different thing.

[quote=“Tigerman”]The difference is not a matter of quantity… the nutters who kill abortion docs are not doing so because the docs have insulted Christianity… they’re doing it because they believe that the docs are murdering babies.

That’s quite a different thing.[/quote]

That’s what I meant to say. :slight_smile:

Was the fuss so big when Hitler appeared on posters a couple of summer’s ago?

[quote=“jdsmith”]Was the fuss so big when Hitler appeared on posters a couple of summer’s ago?[/quote]I don’t believe decapitation was suggested by the agrieved parties then.
Were the Muslims as vocal when it was the Israelis who were upset ?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“jdsmith”]Was the fuss so big when Hitler appeared on posters a couple of summer’s ago?[/quote]I don’t believe decapitation was suggested by the agrieved parties then.
Were the Muslims as vocal when it was the Israelis who were upset ?[/quote]

I haven’t been much following really. Has decap come into the discussion?? Wow! What pussies. :raspberry:

Imagine what would/will happen when people stop apologizing.

[quote=“jdsmith”]I haven’t been much following really. Has decap come into the discussion?? Wow! What pussies. :raspberry:[/quote]I’m sure someone said “If this was in a Muslim country he would have been beheaded”, but not only has that been removed from the Taipei Times website, it has also been removed from my print version, so best ignore that comment then :blush:
My comment about them being silent during Jacky “Turd for brains” Wu’s other gaffes still stands though.

There is some hope that he’ll be fired though right?
please