Jamba Juice Western Chain Coming to Taiwan

They better lower their prices if they expect to compete with all the cheap juice shops in the Taiwan market.

EMERYVILLE, Calif., Oct 06, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) – Jamba Juice Company JMBA, -2.48% a leading healthy, active lifestyle brand announced today that the Company has entered into a master franchise development agreement with Quan Hung Gourmet Company to develop 35 Jamba Juice® stores in Taiwan over the next ten years. The first Jamba Juice store in Taiwan is expected to open in 2015 in Taipei.

I guess I’ll be happy to see them here, but these days I drink so many smoothies at home that I’m not sure I’d bother going out for one.

I don’t know what the chain was, but a similar kind of juice store once opened in the Xinyi Vieshow or Warner Village or whatever it was called back then. Anyway, that juice store - with Western prices and Western-style smoothies - didn’t last very long. Mind you, a similar shop in the Tianmu cinema-that-used-to-be-Miramar seemed to hold on longer, and may even still be there now.

Who knows what’ll happen here with all the food scares. At this point I’ve basically given up on food processed in Taiwan, but I’ve got the money to be able to do that. Most people don’t, and will continue to patronize whatever’s cheapest.

healthy food that makes you fat.

Pricing will be an issue for them.

I’ve never seen juices like these offered at the corner juice stand: jambajuice.com/menu-and-nutr … ezedjuices

Agreed on the prices. They will have to make a big effort to introduce their products, why they’re different, and why you should pay more. Given the history of how these big companies botch that nearly every single time, i won’t get my hopes up.

can I just buy some wheat grass for my cat? the one at Palo Alto had a ton of wheat grass decorating their store.

The fruit needs to come from somewhere … I guess Taiwan … and wheat grass? Can be grown here. tastes funny and I don’t like it … The wheat grass and juice bar (yes, wheat and not weed) at Amsterdam airport wasn’t that busy. So, wheat grass will be a fad as many others …
BTW, eating your fruit is healthier than drinking fruit smoothies researches say.

Thought this was relevant:

If you’re looking for smoothies like Jamba Juice in Taipei NOW (we’ve been open since Summer 2013), WooGo Juice offers Taiwan’s best California-style smoothies these days. Recipes are both taken from the best in America and some of our own creations :slight_smile:

We’re right behind Zhongxiao Dunhua Exit 3. Some of our top-selling smoothies include the PBJ Sandwich, the Raspberry Mojito, and the Berry-Puff Girl (a mix of Raspberry, Strawberry, Cranberry, and Blueberry).

Check us out! Also on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/WooGoJuice

Jamba Juice (and Dunkin Donuts) at Breeze Nanjing/Dunhua closed unless they moved somewhere else in the mall.

Is Jamba open other places in Taiwan?

This one is still open? Link is broke.

Sogo and Miramar still open

1 Like

I don’t know about the Taiwan shops but Jamba Juice in the west is mostly juice as the main ingredient (hence the name I guess). If you want real smoothies try To Be Smoothie. They’ve been opening a lot of locations in the past few years. One of my favorite newish places for their customizable salads/meals/burritos with real/not oily vegetables.

1 Like

Looks like two Taipei locations are permanently closed. Lots in Kaohsiung.

1 Like

Weird, I’m in Kaohsiung and I just figured if there’s a bunch here there must also be a bunch up there. :person_shrugging: