Japanese Don Quijote Donki Stores Open in Taiwan

Don Quijote is a mandatory stop when I’m in Japan. I hope the variety and the cheap pricing follows the Japan model.

Ximending area.

No. 123, Xining Rd

3 Likes

Finally! On my way.

I went to a Don Quijote store in Tokyo. I asked for directions from this old man and he had this sly grin on his face and asked me if I wanted to go for a drinky drinky. I was probably 40 and he had to be 80 and it was noon. I asked again because I knew my ears were failing me.
I turned down his offer and eventually found the store. Watch out for those senior citizens in Tokyo.

3 Likes

He was actually probably 110-120. In Japan, if the person looks 80, double it and then subtract 25%.

4 Likes

I went to that store once. Why is it called that? I recently watched the man who killed him. It was a decent movie but I’m not so certain he’s dead. What do?

I still like how its called Donki in Japan. Always makes me smile.

The first time going to one in Tokyo was amazing… first floor cameras and electronics, then pots and pans and kitchen stuff, then the Cosplay and sexy floor that said 18+ …almost 10 floors of stuff. anything you can dream of is sold there but it takes hours to zero in on the item you came there to buy.

2 Likes

Anybody care to explain this? Somethings going on but I’m not sure what…

1 Like

There is a story behind the name of the store possibly to be found on their homepage.

:roll:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty certain he’s dead…

1 Like

It was incredibly lame for one of Terry G’s films (which means it’s not bad). :2cents:

1 Like

So he was actually trying to say Donki Donki? :thinking:

2 Likes

What did she say?

People need to get a fucking life.

But the 350 person limit is genius. Increases the queues which boosts the buzz.

2 Likes

Why such a buzz?
Do they sell something special?

1 Like

It’s Japanese. That’s all you need to know.

7 Likes

It’s amazing to hear of news of a store opening at the moment!

They do that at the salsa room.

Lot of interesting items and big tourist draw. The ones in the States (Honolulu) are also quite big (bigger than the Sapporo one I visit often) but everything is bigger in the States.

1 Like

Huge variety.
Many options, not just one or two brands or choices of an item.
Cheaper than most places, in Japan anyway.

It’s almost like a shopping cult following in Japan.

1 Like