Japanese Don Quijote Donki Stores Open in Taiwan

So a nurse wrote on social media how sad and angry she was upon seeing all the crowds without social distancing at the Donki lines and that she did not want to be a nurse anymore.

Then minister Chen scolded shoppers, asking them to wait, the store is going nowhere, don’t line up for hours and then crowd the store… Think of the medical staff risking their lives, think of the danger…

Sigh.

Now let’s work with the crowds at Costco, okay?

2 Likes

They’re very eclectic. Big selection of everything from DJ setups to personal grooming stuff to Gorilla masks to bicycles. Like Xiao Bei + Carrefour + an excellent selection of adult costumes, erotica, etc.

1 Like

This is the kind of situation of SUPER SPREADER… so many crowds without social distancing

hope they open one in taichung and yuanlin.

Anyone been recently? Still long ques and packed like crazy?

The entrance on the side has 2 snaking line queues at least 60 people waiting to go in tonight. This picture isn’t the entrance.

Kind of funny, because no lines in Tokyo. Just crowded stores.

Told her to meet me at Donki.

1 Like

I went there last night and was just like 20 people making line , very crowded inside but also the store is small , it has 3 floors but most of the products are in 3rd and 2nd floor

About the products … most of these brands you can find them in Carrefour , Watson’s , Poya , Cosmed and the prices look similar , for the Japanese imported products the prices are expensive

I saw some empty shelves , so maybe all the good products already sold out?
The food area is ok ,I saw many people buy Japanese snacks

2 Likes

We were in the neighborhood on the 19th, not knowing about the store. Then I noticed lots of foot traffic all around and there we were next to the store. It was quite packed, with a big line to get into the store.

I went at 10 am and
They was no line, very expensive imo, sex toys was cool but no social distancing behind the small curtain ( only 1or 2 should be allow in ) they didnt have the only Japanese thing i needed . Muji mosquito :mosquito: cream. Because of tw stupid pharmacy rule? Oooooh its a drug … stupid

Wont go back but it was interesting, good music :musical_note:!!!

Do they have electronics and anything different from other stores? I bought a shaver once in Shinjuku.

Its a 24 hour store if your around ximen at a off peak time its worth a look

Compared to the stores in Japan, it’s rubbish.

Mainly food and snacks, cosmetics and a few random other things.

Sex toys section is good if you want one use flesh cups, don’t expect the Roppongi selection!

I queued up for an hour on opening day :flushed:

2 Likes

Life in Taiwan is all about managing expectations. :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

I like Poya shopping but not only for their sex toys.

Are you Taiwanese?

New store, in new building, on Bade Lu, near Guanghua electronics market.

DON DON DONKI Zhongxiao Xinsheng Store
https://goo.gl/maps/Y5FX3dsGfN5Knsht7

1 Like

here is a good youtube video about it

Not really, cheap crap.

2 Likes

**Taipeinese

But hey it’s Donki Donki Donki!

1 Like