Japanese Governor of Taiwan Award

[quote]http://www.sinodaily.com/2006/070524104203.i59o7mca.html

Taiwan’s former president Lee Teng-hui is scheduled to visit Japan this month and receive an award in memory of a former Japanese governor of colonial Taiwan, his office said Thursday.

A group of Japanese academics, publishers and business leaders have named Lee as the first recipient of the annual award honoring Shimpei Goto (1857-1929).[/quote]
TI supporters always talk about the sovereignty of Taiwan, as if it ever was a State. However, their leadership will seek every opportunity to bow to the Japanese. A former ROC President getting an award for a Japanese Governor. Disgraceful. Talk about not trying to be seen as equals.

Perhap CSB should take this opportunity to put Shimpei Goto statue in Democracy Hall. Because everyone knows Goto was a strong supporter of Taiwanese dignity and democracy on Taiwan.

You really are something, no? A quick search on Internet reveals some stuff that you forgot to mention:

Wow, this guy made something to understand Taiwanese, as well as to rid them of opium addiction, and developed the railways in Taiwan… I think that every Taiwanese should be grateful to him, because if they can go on a train somewhere (except for the HST and some short tracks) it is his fault…

Licensing Opium. If only the British had done that, we might have avoided the whole Opium War.
You’re absolutely right this guy is my new hero now. :unamused:

歓迎された家、祖父

Removing the Opium altogether would create social unrest and would create a huge black market. Let me know if you heard of any way better of healing an addicted population.

Legalize it like the Netherlands.

And tax and regulate the crap out of it.

[quote]http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/6/1/worldupdates/2007-06-01T105231Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_-300967-1&sec=Worldupdates

The 84-year-old Lee said on arrival on Wednesday that he wanted to visit Tokyo’s Yasukuni Shrine, seen by many in Asia as a symbol of Japan’s past militarism.

“Japan and Taiwan are like the same body – what happens in Taiwan will soon have an impact on Japan, too,” he told a news conference, speaking fluent Japanese.

On Friday, Lee received a prize in memory of Japanese colonial administrator Shinpei Goto, whom he praised for his contributions to Taiwan[/quote]
This man never ceases to amaze me. Thank goodness that Japanese educated Taiwanese are dying off in Taiwan now. Japan and Taiwan the same body? puke

That’s a disgusting comment. Still, par for the course, I suppose.

That’s a disgusting comment. Still, par for the course, I suppose.[/quote]
Buddhist would say otherwise. Unlike western perception of immortality. It is only natural that people of that generation begin dying off soon. My grandmother is of that generation; there is no delusions in our family what will occur.

Even though I totally disagree with what LTH has politically become, I still wish him a human’s life and death. Only the sickest of individuals would wish immortality and an unnatural life on someone else.

Buddhist would say otherwise. Unlike western perception of immortality. It is only natural that people of that generation begin dying off soon. My grandmother is of that generation; there is no delusions in our family what will occur.

Even though I totally disagree with what LTH has politically become, I still wish him a human’s life and death. Only the sickest of individuals would wish immortality and an unnatural life on someone else.[/quote]

Cute evasion, but I think the intent was obvious in your earlier post.

Nicely spotted Taffy.

Even though I totally disagree with what LTH has politically become, I still wish him a human’s life and death. Only the sickest of individuals would wish immortality and an unnatural life on someone else.[/quote]

Cute evasion, but I think the intent was obvious in your earlier post.[/quote]
Only I can decipher my own intent. To do so one the behalf of others is really not an activity attributed to the sane.

But back on topic, has LTH overstepped his bounds?
Unlike the PRC what is Japan willing to offer Taiwan for this visit.
The KMT visited the Mainland and came back with an accord and some import tariffs lifted.

Putting aside ROC territorial dispute with Japan. Has Japan lifted any of it protectionist non-free market tariff against goods from Taiwan.

Or is he just making empty statements in vain? And to speak in Japanese and not Taiwanese, does he not love Taiwan?

President Lee went to pay homage to his brother, who died while serving in the Imperial Japanese army.

He did not overstep anything.

Regarding his choice of language, well… he speaks japanese, so why not use it? It’s a corteousy toward the hosts too.

And he was there in a private capacity, so no special rules ought to apply to him.

Oh AC, you have been force fed so much negative crap about the Japanese… That you can’t see the even bigger crimes done against Chinese by chinese is a shame, and shows the pitiful limitation of your worldview.

I feel sorry for you.

[quote=“Mr He”]President Lee went to pay homage to his brother, who died while serving in the Imperial Japanese army.

He did not overstep anything.

Regarding his choice of language, well… he speaks japanese, so why not use it? It’s a corteousy toward the hosts too.

And he was there in a private capacity, so no special rules ought to apply to him.

Oh AC, you have been force fed so much negative crap about the Japanese… That you can’t see the even bigger crimes done against Chinese by Chinese is a shame, and shows the pitiful limitation of your worldview.

[/quote]
Whether he overstep or not, is not for you Mr He to find excuse. The major contemplation as ex-President is that he opt to present himself in a proper ethical manner, without the need to create any controversial. Unfortunately you in the same crap shoe as the Leech, just dunno have any common sense to talk about. A hakka bird of the same kind.

Sort of reads well, beebee, but after reading and re-reading I’m still not sure what you mean.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Sort of reads well, beebee, but after reading and re-reading I’m still not sure what you mean.

HG[/quote]
Kind of advice to recalcitrants that any ill-intention conspiracies with the Japanese, will not sit well with millions of Taiwanese as well as the Chinese population worldwide.

Do you like cheese?

HG

Opium is not legal in the Netherlands … you are misinformed …

Conspiracies with one of the biggest trading partner of Taiwan, one of the biggest tourist resorts of Taiwanese (being Taiwan the vice-versa for Japanese) and one of it’s neighbours (and one that doesn’t have 1000 missiles pointed at) - care to explain to us?

The only conspiracy I see is the KMT one to try to sell out Taiwan to China in order to remain in power - that is a conspiracy…