Japanese hamburgers

If they do count, why not contribute to the Kaohsiung burger thread?

Is that a recommendation? Have you tried and enjoyed the burger there?

What is it that makes a burger Japanese or Aussie style, anyways?

edit - German Hamburgers

Seems Japanese hambao is more like this

Your list does mention MOS Japanese or other chains, so I thought its for American burgers.

Also Burger Pattie which I have been a few times is good and they said it’s Aussie way *not sure what is that). I do recommend you do try it, and maybe they can tell better than me the differences by country.

1 Like

Is there any hamburger which is not like that? Or are you saying that Japanese hamburgers don’t have buns?

Ground beef patty on a bun, I’m not making a distinction between Japanese or American style because I don’t believe there is one.

I’ll add it to the list…

1 Like

Only Hambao , foil wrapped and cooked burger , qualifies as Japanese for me.

I always get one in Tokyo before I get Ramen or Sushi. Goddamit the good old days. They’ll stick a bit of fatty steak in with the burger for flavour . They cook roast veg and steak and sausages too on the grill. Wash down with a cold beer. Simple and Awesome. How many times I burnt myself on their hot plates.

(Not actually in Ginza)

2 Likes

Wow, wow, wow! Looks great and price looks good (300NT$). So much good food in Japan, sad not able to go there now. (How did you find this place)

Jumbo burgers in Pingtung County, besides normal sized one, they have 20cm one.

carpe diem咬不停

2 Likes

That website literally says American burger, just FYI

Anyways, how was the sandwich?

Looks not America one, the bread does not look so but maybe it is American but very different from say Burger King… Its good, lots of meat and big. I cound not finish it.

1 Like

I think this means it’s closer to “American” than “Japanese.”

I love the food in Japan—but “lots of meat” and “could not finish it” are words I have rarely spoken there. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

After travel gets back to normal you go and try the big one and see if you can finish.

2 Likes

Taipei has 山本漢堡排, M A R UKO is it like that

2 Likes

Like your hamburger meat but with Japanese curry, inside 美麗 島站 station (Měilì dǎo zhàn), underground new foodie area. With hot chili oil, you can see in photo clear oil. Went a few times here, sometimes Japanese staff that does not speak Chinese well but most time has local workers.

4 Likes

Yeah not bad will have a look :wink:

1 Like

Seems closed from end of July, says will reopen end of the year, hope so.

A burger chain has opened a brand new branch nearby, I wonder if they took away some business

on a side note, was in Japan. For burgers you get better ones in Japan for the same price, inflation in Taiwan has made most take away/fast foods higher than in Japan with its low inflation. Its one of reasons Taiwanese (a lot of people from EU there too) going to Japan, better food at the same price

2 Likes

How was it? Taste like real Japanese food or just “Taiwanese-style” Japanese food?

I gave the Japanese hamburger a try today. Best Japanese curry I’ve had in Taiwan!

Not as good as you went to in Tokyo (on my list) but still ok, at: WIRED CHAYA茶屋 南港店 (one Kao location w/free car park, also in Taipei , Nangang District,

2 Likes

When did you go there, see if the prices are still the same?

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get to Tokyo recently to check out my old haunts.