" Jason" BETELNUT was connected to the KMT and China

After reading the editorial and the excerpts that I have posted from Betelnut’s own words: "Jason" Betelnut

• has deep KMT and China connections
    • is a poor lost soul who got lured by the KMT
    • neither

0 voters

From the words of Johnny Neihu:

[quote] Now, it seems, Su wanted the services of a “documentary filmmaker,” a cherub-like American of Asian descent known only as “Jason,” who, when not single-handedly showing up Taiwan’s entire network of investigative agencies with his one-camera probe into the shooting, claims to be an English teacher.

Well, when you’ve gotta blow, you’ve gotta blow. “Whatta buncha stinking crap,” I spat, accidentally knocking over all the mahjong tiles and a half-finished bottle of draught Taiwan Beer.

Of course, my Chiayi colleagues were not impressed by this, and the fellow opposite me, known in certain circles as “Knuckles” Chiang, became angry, accusing me of blowing his chance to win his money back. “Are you trying to start a fight?” he snarled.

Now Knuckles is a bit slow when it comes to the media’s bullshit, and after I explained why I was irritated at the sight of a grandstander accusing Taiwan’s finest on the anniversary of the shooting, theatrically wearing sunglasses and a floppy hat to “hide” her identity, Knuckles calmed down and we returned to the game, where I cleaned him out. Fear not: I paid for his cab to the love hotel where he was staying.

And what of “Jason,” roving conspiracy-buster in search of a surname? Well, my spy on the street tells me that “Jason” is more than a hapless younger version of Frederick Wiseman exposing institutional hegemony. He is apparently linked to an executive at Hong Kong-owned cable station TVBS through family, and had been given access to the company’s equipment and footage to make a film as part of a tertiary film course in the US. This may explain why a female TVBS reporter dragged him away from the cameras when other reporters started asking tricky questions. Since the Su incident, my spy tells me, “Jason” has had his TVBS privileges withdrawn, including a desk at the studio, and gone to ground.[/quote]

I hope Betelnut gets what he deserves! Bastard! And I also hope this blows up in the face of the KMT – BIG TIME!

Allow ME to put on my tinfoil hat now.

What are the odds that the 3.19 shooting was set up by the KMT and China?

I’m with Lu. I want another “truth commission” on this finding alone.

For posterity’s sake, here’s and excerpt from Jason Betelnut’s first post in his now infamous Forumosa thread, “[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/chen-shooting-revisted/23573/1 shooting revisted[/url]”:

[quote=“Betelnut”]I know that the validity of the election and shooting incident are controversial issues, but I can assure people that Chen Shui-Bian did in fact committ massive election fraud and that the shooting incident was definitely staged by him and the NSB agents he was with.

I’m not claiming that because I side with the Pan Blues on every issue and believe everything they say, but because I’ve been researching both of those issues from many angles since last year. [/quote]

Maybe a few of you can pick out some interesting lines from that thread that now can be seen in a different light that may help out in this investigation into Jason Betelnut.

I have gone through the entire Betelnut thread and have selected many interesting excerpts that supports Johnny Neihu’s information. Please feel free to peruse them throughout this thread and, by all means, find some of your own and quote them here.

FACTS:

He was born in America.

It appears that he may be Taiwanese from his intimate opinionating of the Taiwanese culture.

He has spent much time in China.

He came to Taiwan for 2 weeks, specifically during the election and left briefly.

He came back and has been in Taiwan for the last 2 years.

You weren’t full from the last shit feast from TP Times? Amazing.

We’ll have verification on this soon enough, zeugmite. It appears Su has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Sounds like the ramblings of another group of punk thug wannabee’s.

Br careful of what you ask for…you might get it.

[quote=“Betelnut”]This is the responsible approach to take if you actually want Taiwan to be a legit democracy.

If the DPP does not get exposed to its fullest between now and 2008, we may very well see another charade of activites like we saw in 2004. The party and their supporters need a wake up call that what happened was not acceptable. To look the other way will not make it go away even though it was a long time ago. [/quote]

His “passion” is quite interesting in this post.

A thread based on whats in some rumor wanker “newspaper” column?
Is this the best you got?

“Methinks you doth protesth too much.”

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]A thread based on whats in some rumor wanker “newspaper” column?
Is this the best you got?

“Methinks you doth protesth too much.”[/quote]

That Shakespeare line should be used on yourself.

If the glove fits…

And thank you for encouraging this man for spitting out 38 pages of nonsense that can be used against the pan-blues now.

I came across this quote from you that, in light of this new information, is quite ironic:

[quote=“Tainan Cowboy”]So you don’t agree - good for you. Move beyond quibbling insults and show some facts as to why you disagree.
Shutting down the messenger because you don’t what he says is more akin to the actions of the regieme 100 miles to the west of us. Is that the role model one should aspire to? [/quote]

Does anyone have any more details about this seminar? Interesting that one of the forensic experts that the pan-blues hired was from Hong Kong as well.

[quote=“Betelnut”]The opposition only hired 2 experts to speak on record about the evidence they could see.

The green camp of course bashed them labeling them as hacks and people who of course don’t measure up to Dr. Henry Lee.

They spoke at the 319 seminar in Oct. 2004.

A former police investigator guy was hired from Hong Kong. But his conclusions and suggestions were not on a forensic level and more on common sense and the direction the investigation should take.

The 2 experts that spoke in the 319 seminar are in my film. [/quote]

He was also at another 3.19 seminar here:

Funny he should mention TVBS here. And here:

[quote=“Betelnut”]There is no video in existence that shows the appearance of the bullet hole and Lu’s reaction. The TVBS video zoomed out at the area of the hot zone, so it is unclear where the hole appeared. However, it is clear that Lu began holding her knee much later in the motorcade.

I have the TVBS video uncut and edited from it for my film. [/quote]

and here:

Here’s another interesting excerpt:

[quote=“Betelnut”]You say that this is a risk if the pan blue media were to find out about it.

Yes, you are right.

I told this to some people in the media and they are salivating for the story.

The family declines all interviews from the media. I know this from the media and from the family.

They won’t speak about it to the media because they are afraid as I stated before.

They live in a pro Chen Shui-Bian community and they lost their father/husband. Can’t you understand that a simple family would want to protect themselves from further harm. Nobody can force them to speak out.

You say that a pro-KMT lawyer could take on this case easily.

You are right.

That’s all I’ll say about that right now. [/quote]

[quote=“Stop_Ma”]

Even more reason to tell their story. The whole community now believes that this man in the family tried to kill their beloved president. What’s more, if she’s so worried – why did she tell you? Are they considering moving out of this pro-DPP community? Doesn’t sound like they are.

I’m sorry. It just doesn’t add up. [/quote]

[quote=“Betelnut”]You really don’t understand the conditions in Tainan it seems. Nobody in Tainan cares about this family. They are not being hounded because people really believe their father did the shooting. It’s a done deal as far as most Chen Shui-Bian supporters are concerned.

But people would care very much if they spoke to the media denying the government’s version of the story because that would threaten A-Bian’s legitimacy which is a crime from their point of view and apparently in this forum also. [/quote]

STOP_Ma -
Read all of my posts re:the thread on the Chen shooting and subsequent film/video. I have no qualms about my encouragement of BetelNut in his efforts. The risk was always his and he has carried himself well in the face of opposition. Which is exactly what you and a few others have presented yourselves to be - - the opposition. He has been much kinder to your repeated attacks than many would have been. And your attacks have been of great service in refining his work.

As for your cherry-picking of the thread, might I remind you that chronological time lines and textual context are important in ascertaining the relevance of posted information.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]STOP_Ma -
Read all of my posts re:the thread on the Chen shooting and subsequent film/video. I have no qualms about my encouragement of BetelNut in his efforts. The risk was always his and he has carried himself well in the face of opposition. Which is exactly what you and a few others have presented yourselves to be - - the opposition. He has been much kinder to your repeated attacks than many would have been. And your attacks have been of great service in refining his work.

As for your cherry-picking of the thread, might I remind you that chronological time lines and textual context are important in ascertaining the relevance of posted information.[/quote]

Feel free to “cherry-pick” yourself.

Here’s evidence that he has been in America.

These people could know something more about Betelnut:

Is this a TVBS video as well?

[quote=“Betelnut”]At a press conference at Chi-Mei, presidential office spokesperson James Huang (who is not the foreign minister) is giving a statement and can be seen visibly about to start laughing with Chen’s 11 cm wound behind him.

I mean he’s trying really hard to hold back his laughter and not give away that he thinks this entire thing is totally hilarious. I mean who would have ever thought they’d get to work for the top government office one day and be giving statements like that.

In that video on the side as James Huang is speaking, a vice director of Chi-Mei hospital is also about to start cracking up. He turns his head to the side to avoid being seen grinning. He composes himself, and then turns his head quickly again because he can’t help himself. This is too funny for him. [/quote]

More evidence that he has American and Chinese connections:

[quote=“Betelnut”]I showed my film to some Westerners in China who only have a basic knowledge of Taiwan’s political scene and this incident.

When they saw Chiou I-Jen’s smile when he said the bullet was on Chen’s body, there was a strong consensus in the audience that the government was playing games. I mean they didn’t like it. They frowned and looked at each other in dismay. One person said “What a clown…”

I mean these Americans weren’t pro-DPP, pro-KMT, or pro-CCP/One China or anything. They’re just Americans who are not directly involved with Taiwan too much, so they are pretty neutral. [/quote]

[quote=“Betelnut”]Let me offer a perspective from a Westerner living in Shanghai who is not pro-CCP, pro-KMT, or pro-DPP.

You know what he told me when I first met him to discuss this topic?

He said that it was not reasonable for Chen to raises his arms and wave to the crowd walking into the hospital after being shot like that in the belly.

It was simple to him.

Common sense.

Almost every Westerner I met in Hong Kong and China thinks this case is a total joke. That is, they all think the shooting was fake. They don’t know much about the case either. Just a few things and they use their common sense. [/quote]

This may be a biggie:

Jason Betelnut was, in fact, at the DPP headquarters on election night.

However, the conspiracy that he is proposing was not thought up at that time – OR WAS IT!!!

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … &start=120

He further writes:

It sounds to me that Jason Betelnut was paying very close attention to details surrounding “his” conspiracy very very early on.

I have no sympathy for anything that happens to Jason. While I don’t think he deserves the death penalty or a long prison term, I am sure that he really is much more than a lost kid over his head in shit, and as such he does deserve a serious caning.

Some readers have risen to his defense, like our neighbor Tainan Cowboy. If Jason is in fact a foolish young soul lost in a sea of deceit, then Tainan Cowboy, is in some way responsible for his folly. Instead of using the sagely wisdom that we have all grown to love and admire, he repeatedly urged him on telling us, “BNut has done quite well,” then threw cheap shots at other respected members of the foreign community. Honestly, if he’s just a lost boy, a unanimous voice from the foreigners here may have knocked some sense into his head, but instead…Unless, that is, you really believed you were defending someone who was consciously working for agents of the KMT.

But this brings me to a more serious point. Lost soul or not, what was he doing here in the first place? What did he expect would be the response of the Formosans? Why would he even dream that talking about some photos would make a difference even to people who are waiting to be convinced (like me)?

One possibility is that he was hoping to reach the hungry eyes of the multitude who read but do not post on this forum. That would certainly explain why he became so indignant when we refused to argue about what he said the evidence was. It would also help understand why he refused over and over again to answer the questions that readers had about his claims. And the fact is that the insistence of the regular readers here to have our questions answered and not let some smuck fresh off the plane dictate to us what really is important would have made it clear to any of the casual readers that he had no facts at all. And as we see now, he had no facts except for the one that now, even by his own admission, are not true --but then, didn’t I (we) tell him that over and over and over and over again?

The regular readers of this forum serve a function, although I hesitate to call it a duty, of screening the feces that may pass for information about Taiwan from the minds of the innocent, but curious. KMT mole or simply lost soul, we did the right thing here. I applaud the efforts of everyone here. But I know it wasn’t really effort in any sense resembling work. What happened here is what should happen when educated, intelligent, and informed people follow their conscience.

Good response, Z!

But I think the evidence is that he is NOT a “lost soul”. He’s been at this since 3.19 – which is REALLY interesting!!

Either Jason Betelnut was at the right place at the right time OR something more sinister is at work here.

This could be BIG – and I mean REALLY BIG!!