Jelly Bean Galaxy s2

I heard that Jelly Bean is rolling out on the Galaxy s2. Anyone know when in Taiwan?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Soon!

OK, that wasn’t very helpful. But you can keep an eye on this live feed to induce Watched Pot Syndrome:

sammobile.com/2013/01/23/sam … laxy-s-ii/

(Boil, damn you, BOIL!)

Anyone know if I can use an official s2 I9100 jelly bean firmware from Spain on my non-rooted s2 from Taiwan Mobile? I checked XDA forums but it isn’t specific to Taiwan phones.

[quote=“Reaperjim”]Anyone know if I can use an official s2 I9100 jelly bean firmware from Spain on my non-rooted s2 from Taiwan Mobile? I checked XDA forums but it isn’t specific to Taiwan phones.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

I’m out of the XDA Android scene for a while but AFAIK if you have an official S2 from Taiwan Dageda - which uses custom made OS with some “extra’s” you won’t be able flashing other countries Firmware.
I’d recommend visiting the carrier store and asking when / if they will have an update. If they say “no update” and you are behind Warranty - just root it and install whatever you want.

The, I would like to root it but I don’t know how. I can’t follow the instructions on XDA, even the simple ones. I always get stuck with yellow triangle and have no usb dongle.

The last one I successfully rooted was an older HTC a year ago before I dumped everything moving to iPhone.
If too cumbersome / facing non-self-solvable glitches , take 500 NTD,your phone, go to the Mobile Phone Market (Gong Guang or GuanHua) abd let it root by one of the experts.
Not worth hours of trying if they can fix it for 500 NTD (they might ask more if “foreigner” obviously)

Ok for the Spanish Rom ( I’m guessing its custom firmware )so you will need to root the phone first. As for rooting you need to keep going at it till it works sometimes it just takes some patience. Jellybean well that’s anyone’s guess and mine for Chunghwa telecom is sometime around the end of the first quarter like March.

[galaxys2root.com/](http://galaxys2root.com/)

[quote=“Reaperjim”]The, I would like to root it but I don’t know how. I can’t follow the instructions on XDA, even the simple ones. I always get stuck with yellow triangle and have no usb dongle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

I very recently rooted my brother’s Galaxy s3. It is an international model and it was easy to just root it, unroot it ('cause I didn’t install the ability to flash custom ROMs initially), root it again and finally install a custom ROM. I’d say the instructions on XDA for the s2 look easy enough, but if you’re not sure just bring it to GuangHua market and try to explain what kind of rooting you need, for the options are now quite a number.

Well, I am going to wait for JB to hit TW on SG2. I just don’t wanna blow the last year of my warranty. Last time I almost bricked it, I got a guy who repairs Samsung phones to restore it to its original settings with no trace of Superuser etc.

At least Play Store in TW will have paid apps soon. The only reason I rooted originally was to have MarketEnabler and access to paid apps from the USA store. Damn though, this JB SG2 rollout is taking ages…

Jelly Bean for S2 was released today FYI.

It got delivered to my S2 on Monday night but for some odd reason, my wife hasn’t got it yet on hers despite both phones being in her name and with the same phone company.

Also, users of Swype will have to go download and manually install it as the update removes it from the phone.