Jerry Garcia's Appliances to Be Auctioned

SAN FRANCISCO - Jerry Garcia’s dishwasher, toilets and other home appliances will be auctioned by a nonprofit group hoping to raise more than $100,000.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051129/ap_ … ia_auction

I haven’t been this excited since Krusty gave away his trampoline!

Anyone catch the irony here:

Who is Jerry Garcia? Um… am I supposed to know that?

Is he more important than Rudi Carell?

[quote=“bob_honest”]Who is Jerry Garcia?[/quote]The refer to him as “The dead” which I think is a bit morbid, surely “The Beard” would be a better name.

I wonder how much Tigerman would bid for his fridge…

Anybody try Ben & Jerry

[quote=“bob_honest”]Who is Jerry Garcia? Um… am I supposed to know that?

Is he more important than Rudi Carell?[/quote]

jerry
spinning
grave
(only saving grace is that the mullah will go to charity)

[quote=“jdsmith”]jerry
spinning
grave
(only saving grace is that the mullah will go to charity)[/quote]

Moolah… :wink:

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“bob_honest”]Who is Jerry Garcia? Um… am I supposed to know that?

[/quote]

Who of those is Garica?

And why is Joan Baez not in the picture?

[quote=“bob_honest”]
Who of those is Garica?[/quote]

The three with the guitar are Jerry, at different times in his life.

[quote=“bob_honest”]
And why is Joan Baez not in the picture?[/quote]

Why would she be in the picture?

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“bob_honest”]Who is Jerry Garcia? Um… am I supposed to know that?

[/quote]

Thanks for that. I was with Bob not knowing who he is also. Still don’t have any idea, but good luck with that.

I realize you guys might not be from the US, but I still find it surprising anyone doesn’t know who Jerry Garcia was. Tigerman, haven’t more people seen the Grateful Dead in concert than any other band ever? And/or they have the greatest amount of concert revenue of any band? Something like that. Anyway, they played a few thousand concerts for 30 years straight and Garcia was by far the most recognizable member of the band. So much so that when he died (in 1995), the band died. And so loved was he that a well-known and highly-regarded ice cream was named after him: Ben & Jerry’s “Cherry Garcia.” Even my 75 year-old mom knows both the ice-cream and the musician.

Hard to say… some think that it was the same folks going to every show… :slight_smile:

germanheads.de/

terrapin-station.de/index2.html

Wer oder was ist Grateful Dead [!greitful ded] ?

US-amerikanische Rock-Gruppe, gegr