Jet-powered Motorcycle Engine

Anyone get a chance to go to the motorcycle show up in Taipei this week and check out the jet-powered motorcycle engine taipeitimes.com/News/biz/arc … 2003408839 ?

How big/practical is it?
Somehow the article’s quote ““The FI jet engine makes motorcycle fuel consumption more efficient. So that reduces exhaust gas emission,” said a pavilion staffer, who declined to be named…” leaves me a bit skeptical.

I dont think it’s really a jet-powered engine…it’s more like a Fuel Injection (FI) Jet Engine…i could be wrong though…will go there this Sat to check it out

Like “injection jet” = fuel injection? Then why the fancy name? Just marketing BS?

It can’t actually be a jet engine as found on a plane as it would take too much fuel to get up to speed and would be less fuel efficient and less powerful over short stretches of slowing and accelerating as the Jet engine has to overcome great inertia before it becomes effective at higher speeds.
I’m guessing they are refering to the fuel

As to the picture on the Taipei Times page of the “motorcycle”
I’m counting four wheels and a steering wheel.

This isn’t like most of the motorcycles I’ve ever seen.

I’d still probably go for the Carver
Part car, part motorcycle, interesting

i knew i had seen a cool project jet powered motorcycle somewhere. in the final stages of testing and building into a YZR-50 frame.

check this out, complete with afterburner runs at night, etc.

http://www.badbros.net/jetbike31.html

a wee bit faster than the average scooter.

and there’s a gas turbine engine out there too:

http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp

Apparently when they condemn helicopter gas turbines for aeronautical application they still have a lot of “street life” left in them.

Here’s something else a little scary for the weekend.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1684663077

Question>

Do they actually have this as common like street or competition wise? Here in Taiwan I mean?

Like, I mean, in English, do you actually refer to motorcycle´s jet engine?

I am reading something and someone has a technical degree in this… for motorcycles. I am confused.

EDIT:
Seems we are talking about fuel injection engines, as 燃油噴射發動機. Since 噴射發動機 translates as jet engine as per Google, I guess that is the issue. Do I make sense here?