JFRV and kindergarten work

With everything changing so fast in the law books, does anybody know if teaching at a kindergarten with an ARC is legal?

If a JFRV holder is caught teaching at a kindergarten, what could and most probably would happen to him/her?

New information has been obtained from the foreign police in Taipie city.

According to them, Mr Hartzell has missed some information. Yes, it is true that spouses with the JFRV can hold any job that a local may have, provided they have the given license. And a kindergarten teacher needs a license also.

A foreigner needs to have a kindergarten license with his JFRV to be considered legal or else he is illegal and can be deported because he broke the law.

Therefore, unless a JFRV holder has a kindergarten license, which takes two years and a certification, he can not teach at a kindergarten.

Any opinions?

I never broke the Law, I am the Law!!!

Iznteresting. I often wondered about whether a certificate was needed to teach kindergarten. None of the Taiwanesekidnergarten teachers IZ wortk with have one. So they’re breaking the law as much as we are.

I would put your chances of being deported, as a JFRV-holding kindergarten teacher, at virtually 0. In fact the police came by m kindyt he other day, cuahgt me completely red-handed and I openky admitted to teaching there. They literally told me “no problme, your wife is Taiwanese” when I showed them my ARC.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Iznteresting. I often wondered about whether a certificate was needed to teach kindergarten. None of the Taiwanesekidnergarten teachers IZ wortk with have one. So they’re breaking the law as much as we are.

I would put your chances of being deported, as a JFRV-holding kindergarten teacher, at virtually 0. In fact the police came by m kindyt he other day, cuahgt me completely red-handed and I openky admitted to teaching there. They literally told me "no problme, your wife is Taiwanese" when I showed them my ARC.

Brian[/quote]

:moon:

That’s great. I hope that it’s true and not just lucky because the officer was being considerate.(like they should because we work here, pay taxes, raise children, and take care of their stray dogs.)

The officer that I talked to seemed pretty confident of what he said. So now I’m wondering if it’s one of the things they can enforce if they want to or not. Because legally, he had a valid point. i.e. What if we’re caught acting like doctors, but actually we’re not. Should we go unpenalized or is it strictly the hospital’s fault for hiring us?

Does anybody know the legal standing of what the officer said?

What if we are not really “teaching?” I can be the “Uncle Bey Bey” who changes the lights and fixes up the place. As long as they don’t ask me how to change a light bulb I figure I’m well protected. Besides maybe getting deported will get me off my lazy ass and go home where I belong.

[quote=“dix2111”] Besides maybe getting deported will get me off my lazy ass and go home where I belong.[/quote]

AT last, somebody with a decent sense of humour. :notworthy: :notworthy:

What a hoot … you’re a funny guy … I haven’t laughed so hard since I arrived here nearly 14 years ago. I HEAR ya.

Immigration said something similar to me today. And they said permission for such jobs is scarce as hens’ teeth, so in effect, even JFRV holders cannot legally teach kindy or preschool.

Immigration said something similar to me today. And they said permission for such jobs is scarce as hens’ teeth, so in effect, even JFRV holders cannot legally teach kindy or preschool.[/quote]
I doubt that. I also asked about penalties for illegal work, using the hypothesis of operating an illegal street vending stall. I was told I’d be ticketed just like any other illegal and would not risk deportation.

Immigration said something similar to me today. And they said permission for such jobs is scarce as hens’ teeth, so in effect, even JFRV holders cannot legally teach kindy or preschool.[/quote]

I doubt that. I also asked about penalties for illegal work, using the hypothesis of operating an illegal street vending stall. I was told I’d be ticketed just like any other illegal and would not risk deportation.[/quote]

Sorry, but I should clarify. What Immigration told me did not include any mention of the penalties. It was just that the kindy license is needed or a JFRV holder cannot teach in a kindy; and such licenses, permits or whatever they are are usually not granted.

Well, I don’t doubt Mr. Dragonbones’ sincerity in reporting what he was told. However, I do doubt the accuracy of the information.

Can anyone point me to any webpages which spell out the type of “license” (and requirements for obtaining same) which a local Taiwanese person needs to have in order to teach English in a kindergarten?

[quote=“Hartzell”]

Can anyone point me to any webpages which spell out the type of “license” (and requirements for obtaining same) which a local Taiwanese person needs to have in order to teach English in a kindergarten?[/quote]

And the Police, Foreign Affairs Police or Department of Education probably can’t either. But when their is some understanding in the government here that they must not teach English to kids (cause it might confuse their language abilities), then they will move from: you don’t have a proper work permit to where you don’t have a valid visa (JFRV or PARC) to where you don’t have a license to where the school or the foreigner gets so pissed off by harassment that they get fired or quit.

Wonder if Satellite TV starting teaching kindy, would then create a law where licenses are actually required to teach, to save those kids from the horrors of English, or force Satellite TV to get a license

P.S I doubt that would ever happen… Satellite TV teaching kindy that is… he would bore them to much talking about QPSK, dish sizes and rain fade

:laughing: Yeah, we’ve all been here long enough that we should doubt such stuff.

[quote=“Hartzell”]Can anyone point me to any webpages which spell out the type of “license” (and requirements for obtaining same) which a local Taiwanese person needs to have in order to teach English in a kindergarten?[/quote]I’ve always assumed that what that refers to is qualified kindergarten teaching certification; the kind you get by doing a three year degree in teaching young children and then one year teaching practice in a kindergarten.