JFRV for blood relatives requirements

Hi all,

I am wondering what the requirements are for the JFRV with the family being a aunt of mine whom I am staying with, and who I was able to get a “visiting relatives” visitor visa with. While I was able to search the forums and find info on the marriage version of such a visa, I was wondering if I could apply for this type of visa using my aunt, or if this his only applicable to sons/daughters/spouses. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

[quote=“shadoh6”]Hi all,

I am wondering what the requirements are for the JFRV with the family being a aunt of mine whom I am staying with, and who I was able to get a “visiting relatives” visitor visa with. While I was able to search the forums and find info on the marriage version of such a visa, I was wondering if I could apply for this type of visa using my aunt, or if this his only applicable to sons/daughters/spouses. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:[/quote]

It’s called an immediate family member… IE Spouse or children dependent on parents. Your aunt don’t cut it afaik.

But the real decision will be made by the FAP so you’d better go ask them :smiley:

I’m an ROC citizen, my son is not. I sponsor his ARC as his immediate relative. Also he’s still under 20 which is the age for dependents.

The particular terminology used is “direct lineal relative” which can be father, mother, or child of the sponsor.

Doh…looks like I’ll have to get an ARC the old fashioned foreigner way…either that or wait until my mom comes back to Taiwan from the States…sigh

Thanks for the info though!

[quote=“shadoh6”]Doh…looks like I’ll have to get an ARC the old fashioned foreigner way…either that or wait until my mom comes back to Taiwan from the States…sigh

Thanks for the info though![/quote]

Hope you’re under 20 years old then :smiley:

In simple words… does this mean that my mother could or could not get a JFRV or ARC because I have a JFRV with my wife??