JFRV question

Hello, I just had a few questions maybe someone who has been in the same boat can help me out.

I am an American citizen who recently married a Taiwanese citizen in Taiwan.
I am planning to fly to HK to apply for the JFRV-spouse visa so I can live here. I have all of the required documents: health certificate, FBI record check, Taiwan marriage certificate, etc.

I am reading that the FBI record check needs to be authenticated before I can apply for the JFRV. Is there a way for me to authenticate it at an office here in Taiwan like AIT or am I going to have to fly back to America to get the documents authenticated?

Thank you.

I assume you could have it authenticated at TECO Hong Kong, the same place you will apply for the JFRV. I think you can email them to ask questions.

Or mail it to the one in the States.

it should be authenticated by a TECO located in where the document was issued. Many teco offices do that by snail mail for people out of the country, though it is not written on their web sites. You can ask them by phone or email.

But doesn’t the TECO/TECRO require a stamp or signature from the US authorities (Dept. of State?) before it will grant certification?

Yes. If it was issued by a channeler, it should be apostilled by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C…

1 Like