Jfrv (visa after marriage) holder with french passport can teach english?

Hi there,

I am french, and i ll get married to a taiwanese girl in 2 month. I ll get my arc soon (JFRV).
I was wondering if i ll be able to work as english teacher with that kind of visa even if i m not native speaker???..the school wont need to apply for my working permit…
Thanks!

If the school wants to hire you, no problem.

I know of a lot of Eastern European individuals who teach English at smaller buxibans. English might not be their native language, but many schools still hire them. Some even have their own very successful schools. If they can do it, why can’t you?

BTW, you can be an astronaut with a JFRV, if you want to.

Be safe … Teach French

You can do whatever you want with a JFRV.
Problem is that the job market is tight at the moment, so there are a lot of native speakers looking for work.
However, that JFRV benefits the school as well so hilite it when you apply. You have a degree?

I assume you speak English quite well, so sell them a story. Born in whatever, went to live in France blah blah blah.
Its not like they need to apply for an arc for you.

Thanks guys,
yes i have a degree, but in physiotherapy and i m not sure if i can find something in taiwan…i tried to look for something (didn try hard to be honest), but i see no hope:)
as french teacher of course i ll try…i ll try with english as well, but yeah good to know that at least there are some chances…

[quote=“SillyWilly”]If the school wants to hire you, no problem.

I know of a lot of Eastern European individuals who teach English at smaller buxibans. English might not be their native language, but many schools still hire them. Some even have their own very successful schools. If they can do it, why can’t you?

BTW, you can be an astronaut with a JFRV, if you want to.[/quote]
You can’t be an astronaut. We don’t have a program for that here and do you really want to be an astronaut in a country related to China Airlines?

Anything … as long as you are qualified for that job. If you are a qualified English teacher then teach English. What was your profession before? You can now do that profession here but if you are not a native English teacher and are not qualified to teach then you should not go and teach.

This is not the question asked. the question asked uses the can verb. Yes, he CAN teach English legally with a JFRV. He CAN get a job in any industry. He isn’t a native speaker and his English isn’t perfect but that is an issue for the OP/buxiban/parents.

If they like a French accent in their English, why not … :smiley: