Joe Biden: U.S. President

Which allows the Republicans a chance to hold all nominees in committee without them ever getting to the floor for a vote. 60 Senators or 0, counts for nothing if they fail to leave committee. I wouldn’t be gloating just yet.

Yes. The Republicans have us just where they want us. Fiendishly clever!

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“elektronisk”]
Cheney had an approval rating even lower than Bush. He would never have been elected even if he ran. [/quote]
That’s what made him such a great VP. He cared about governance, and not a bit about his future political standing.

You really think Biden is more intelligent than Cheney? :laughing: :laughing: :roflmao: I would argue that Cheney has much more substantial government experience, and that’s not including the 5 years of real-life business experience of being a CEO of a top-performing company. Cheney moved around a lot more in government. He worked in the Office of Economic Opportunity with Rumsfeld under Nixon. Before entering the House in 1978 and becoming Defense Sec under Bush I , he held several positions including White House Staff Assistant in 1971, Assistant Director of the Cost of Living Council from 1971–73, and Deputy Assistant to the president from 1974–1975. What did Biden do before becoming VP? A senator since 1972, and one with a penchant for stealing speeches off of failed UK Labour politicians/putting his foot in his mouth when running abortive campaigns for the top position. :smiley:

He was honest about it. He was attending school and he had kids, a wife, and elder parents to take care of. Did Kerry have the same responsibilities at an early age? No and that doesn’t really shock me given his own personal ego/self-centredness. His army colleagues certainly were able to see this and that’s why hardly any supported his presidential campaign in '04.

Cheney was 21 and 22, and no one was hurt. Kennedy was 37 when he murdered Mary Jo, who had been a boiler room campaign worker in RFK’s '68 campaign. She was passed around by the Kennedy brothers in the year up to the drowning, supposedly made pregnant by one of them, and then was left to drown by Teddy when the drunk drove his car off of a bridge. And this family is championed by labour in the US? Morons. :roflmao:

I’ve never been paid a dime by any political party or lobbying group in any country in any region of the world.

Well, don’t walk away in silence [Atmosphere]. :laughing: :wink:[/quote]

Now that is more like it. Welcome back to logical debate. :slight_smile:

Here is your virtual present. Put it to good use. :wink:

Kerry was in the Navy, not the Army. All of the men who served under him supported his campaign.

No, the guy who served with him the longest was in the Swift Boat Vets for Truth IIRC. There were also a few others and his commanding officers. There was also the Xmas in Cambodia. Do I need to elaborate more?

Sure, name one person who served under Kerry that participated in the SBVT, a group that John McCain called “dishonest and dishonorable.”

Which allows the Republicans a chance to hold all nominees in committee without them ever getting to the floor for a vote. 60 Senators or 0, counts for nothing if they fail to leave committee. I wouldn’t be gloating just yet.[/quote]
Wow…the Republicans are beginning to sound like Ah-Q, eking out delusions of victory amid the most resounding of trouncings!

:laughing:

HG

Pardon me for not reading all 3 pages of such a ridiculous thread, but why is swine flu the wrong term?

The World Health Organization calls it that.

The US CDC calls it that.

Everyone else seems to call it that.

What’s wrong with using that term?

And how did you get to be so much smarter than everyone else in the world?

Because silly, it’s been rebranded as H1N1 flu. :unamused:
Check your 2nd link at the bottom:

Well, H1N1 is a scientific term for this virus, not a “rebranding”, just as the Dog Star is also called Sirius.

Some have said that Obama is avoiding calling it the “swine flu” so as not to harm the pork industry. But wait… protecting meat industry interests… isn’t that a trait of conservatives? If so, why do conservatives seem to be the only ones complaining about the use of such nomenclature?

Here’s Biden asking…

“When is this Sinko day Mayo holiday?”

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-biden-tells-iowa-voters-041137348.html

There it is. I was waiting for the subtle bigotry to appear.

It is Delaware, after all, the furthest north of the Southern states.

Well the whole idea that the wealthy whites in New England were NOT racist and bigoted is nonsense. Ever been to a Red Sox game? :eek:

Yeah, Boston has pockets of racism as deep, or deeper, than Mississippi.

The video…is just really soooo bad.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/09/biden_gaffe_poor_kids_are_just_as_smart_as_white_kids.html?utm_campaign=distroscale&utm_medium=video-player&utm_source=home

#imjoebidenandimanarmgrabber

That’s not the wealthy ones. That’s the people who used to be called an ironically racist term that the mods wouldn’t like.

2 Likes

For those who believe in polls:

It’s the likability factor.