Joe Biden: U.S. President

See that other stuff: right b4 covid and draconian lockdowns shifted money around making the super rich super richer.

1 Like

What would be fun (for an expat anyway) would be for high tax U.S. states to gang up on low tax states for stealing their jobs, people and high taxes.

Why is Delaware a tax haven?

The state has no value-added taxes (VATs), it does not tax business transactions, and it does not have use, inventory or unitary tax . There is no inheritance tax in Delaware , and there are no capital shares or stock transfer taxes.

Price fixing

Price fixing is an anticompetitive agreement between participants on the same side in a market to buy or sell a product, service, or commodity only at a fixed price, or maintain the market conditions such that the price is maintained at a given level by controlling supply and demand.

So do only governments get to engage in price fixing or do corporations get to do it now too?

And this just in:

“Wyoming is the leading digital assets jurisdiction in the USA, and now with this DAO law, Wyoming is arguably the top blockchain jurisdiction in the world,” she said.

“What this means is that creating a true digital currency with mass acceptance is now possible.”

The mission of the American CryptoFed DAO is to create and sustain a monetary system with zero inflation, zero deflation and zero transaction costs. The DAO operates on the EOS network and has two native tokens – Ducat, a stablecoin that will be used for daily transactions and a store of value, and Locke, a governance token used to stabilise Ducat and allow holders to participate in network rule and decision making.

A DAO is an open-source blockchain protocol governed by a set of rules created by elected members. The rules are pre-written as smart contracts and can execute without the need for intermediaries.

And btw, Wyoming’s flag is awwwwsome.

1 Like

Research arm of the RNC on the job-

President Biden signed an executive order aimed at reining in Big Tech on Friday, but RNC Research, an arm of the Republican National Committee tasked with “exposing the lies, hypocrisy, and failed far-left policies of Joe Biden and the Democrat Party,” according to their Twitter bio, zeroed in on a different element of the signing, an offhand remark from the president about the signature itself.
“Joe Biden says the length of Barack Obama’s signature is shorter than his,” RNC Research’s tweet reads, “Obama’s is 3 letters longer.”
“Does Biden know how many letters are in his name?”

Hahaha, that dumb old Biden must be seni-

Obama signed bills/EOs/etc “Barack Obama”
Biden sometimes -especially with official acts of the president, such as bills/EOs/etc, like he did today- signs with his full name “Joseph R. Biden Jr.”

You can’t blame the RNC, though- they probably didn’t have time to take their socks off to assist them in the counting.

Can we blame you for posting this triviality?

Now on to important stuff!

1 Like

Looks like huffpo isn’t entirely convinced of the WH’s logic or wisdom in laundering bribes in full view of the press and public.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_60e9021ee4b04f9dbf92cee4

If the WH wanted to keep Hunter from knowing how he got money for “painting” why not just let him smoke crack and drink himself blind again? Shut off of old tape recorder in the brain. Plausible denial right there.

2 Likes

No, you can blame the RNC.

Meanwhile, in more important news

The Biden administration unveiled plans Friday to bring hundreds, possibly thousands, of deported veterans and their immediate family members back to the United States, saying their removal “failed to live up to our highest values.”

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas ordered his department’s immigration agencies to “immediately” take steps to ensure that military families may return to the United States. He said the department would also halt pending deportation proceedings against veterans or their immediate relatives who are in the United States, and clear the way for those who are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship.

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2021/07/deported-veterans (from WP, paywalled.)

Deported due to special order of Stephen Miller. When it comes to a choice of Supporting the Troops or kicking a brown person, you can always rely on Trumpies to put the boots in.

I don’t think that is true, Salon did a piece on this in 2019.

Although every veteran’s case is supposed to be reviewed by a senior ICE official, the GAO’s investigation found that the agency didn’t bother to do this in 70% of the cases.

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/13/clumsiness-or-cruelty-trump-now-deporting-military-veterans-in-violation-of-federal-rules/

“We found ICE did not consistently follow these policies from 2013-2018,” the watchdog wrote in the report.

2013 is of course before 2016 when Trump took office, however if Trump didn’t take measures to rectify the situation the blame for that falls on him and his administration.

Which is when we get into the weeds a bit.

An ICE spokesperson defended the agency’s actions by claiming that “the individuals were placed into removal proceedings because of felony convictions related to drugs; sexual abuse, of which 18 involved minors; firearms, explosives, or explosive material; kidnapping; terrorist threats; and other crimes.”

Not being issued a citizenship because someone was involved in kidnapping and sexual abuse of children is not quite the same as.

1 Like

And ICE has released details on all those deported- what percentage veterans cases fit into the “kidnapping and sexual abuse” category?

He said the department would also halt pending deportation proceedings against veterans or their immediate relatives who are in the United States, and clear the way for those who are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship.

Just a confirmation that, while you can generally trust polls to show how people are feeling, you can’t trust them on factual matters

A 57% majority of Americans say there is more violent crime now in the U.S. compared to 30 years ago; just 12% say less. (11% say the same, and 20% aren’t sure.)

@USATODAY

Violent crime rates per 100,000
1993: 747.9
2019: 379.4

[Source: U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, FBI]

And while murder rates are up (in NYC soaring to half of what they were when Giuliani finished his mayoralty), violent crime, surprisingly, isn’t.

I only commented because your article used over inflated language.

There’s so much about the Trump administration that was utterly despicable. But close to the top was Herr Miller’s crusade to deport undocumented veterans of the U.S. military.

If you are reading articles that are constantly comparing Trump and hi administration to Nazi’s it’s no wonder you feel the way you do about Republicans/Trump and his administration, if I thought people were actual Nazi’s it goes without saying they are to be despised.

Something to reflect on, who does this sound more like, the Democrats or the Republicans, or if you think more broadly the establishment as a whole. Loath to make Nazi references as I am since your article does so, it might be wise for some reflection on who is doing what.

4 Likes

If you see something, say something (not Maoist at all)…

1 Like

Poke the Panda.

Hunter’s paintings look pretty good. :+1:

But yeah, ethically, this is obviously a huge pain in the ass for Joe. But Hunter is a private citizen, and can do what the fuck he wants, while collectors and flippers often like to remain anonymous, so capitalism and fuck you… So confusing on what the right answer is. :smiley:

So you’re good with leaving all his other shady dealings out of the discussion?

I’m not sure how that vaguely follows from what I posted.

Your post reads, to me anyway, as nonplussed. Is it? It’s helpful to ask for clarification, so I ask.

Give him a job in the White House, put him in charge of: Middle East peace, criminal justice reform, veterans affairs, the border with Mexico, etc. Pay him well and shield him from the press and from accountability. If anyone complains, point to JFK.

2 Likes

My post has nothing to do with anything other than the art sale. Are you asking me about other dealings per your post, or about the art sale? I suppose I am nonplussed about what to do about the sale, given that hunter is a private citizen, not in office, while this reaks for his dad, but like I asked, wtf do / can you do about that?