Joe Biden: U.S. President

They can have better answers for starters.

Who ‘they’? Hunter? He doesn’t need any - he’s a private citizen. Joe? If Hunter tells him to go pound sand, since he’s a private citizen and not bound by jack?

Some enterprising artist should create a curated multimedia montage of choice photos and emails from the planted Russian laptop projected onto a big screen. I’d pay money to see that.

I think you are too casually ignoring the ethical and legal ramifications of what he has done and now continues to do. Both of them, btw…Joe and Hunter.

Are there?

I’m not. I’m asking, seriously, what the fuck can / should you do about it. In a free country, what, you wanna make a private citizen reveal private sales information because suspicions? You gonna tell a 78 yr old man to… have a talking to with his 51 yr old son or something? It stinks, but seriously, with the info on the art sale as it stands, wtf do you do?

I suppose we are waiting for the DOJ and the IRS for that determination.

I’d follow the money.

Sure, good in theory. But on what legal basis would anyone have for accessing the private sales information? What if mr. poundsand the art speculator just thinks this is a good investment? Wtf business does the govt have in having that sales info?

I think there are many plausible reasons why government officials would think it would be better to know. The art world is notorious for laundering money.

What the actual fuck? Maybe they can invite some UN peacekeeping forces over next…

1 Like

U.N. Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism and the U.N. Special Rapporteur

Do a google search on that and brings up this as top result.

You can scroll down to the bottom to get an idea of the reports she has previously worked on and the write up of a couple of other countries she was invited to visit.

Ah, yes. She’s from Zambia, a country with a sterling human rights record. :roll_eyes:

Maybe she knows it when she sees it.

Well, this is more positioning the UN as some oversight position. The UK report would need a lot of study to really dig into the methodology, but a couple of things jump out like as part of the recommendations.

Address the underrepresentation of racial and ethnic minorities in higher education and among educational personnel, and ensure that the historical and contemporary participation in British life of all ethnic and racial minorities are included in civic education curricula

This is complicated but is essentially looking at equity of outcome.

1 Like

There is only one equity of outcome and it follows one’s last breath.

1 Like

"To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion; and

To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends."

Is Saudi Arabia still chairing human rights at the UN?

I actually read one or two of her reports, I would say she certainly knows her stuff, I even would say it’s not chocked full of the critical race theory stuff. Much more centered on how we traditionally see racism.

The report on reparations is interesting from a perspective of what this means if implemented on every injustice the world has ever seen and how far back. For example it mentions Edinburgh church who had no role in slavery never owned slaves but received contributions from people that may have so they indirectly benefitted from the slave trade, several hundred years ago. (that might have been the UK report, they were the 2 I read)

Nice of them to refuse Cuban refugees should they attempt to leave Cuba.

Large protests there now.