Joe Biden: U.S. President

Take it up with Darwin. Do you want me to prove the existence of gravity too?

Why did he have the chin-diaper technique while chatting to people less than a foot away? Then puts it back on when he’s about to walk off safely on his own.

17 posts were split to a new topic: OT from Joe Biden

Watch Joe Wiggle:

The details that have escaped so far make it easy to understand why Chairman Neal was so eager to keep them hidden from the public. The most dismaying aspect is the brazenness with which it violates President Biden’s repeated promise not to raise taxes on anyone earning less than $400,000 a year.

As recently as September 3, Mr. Biden said, “Here’s the thing you need to know: We’re going to deliver these investments without raising taxes one cent on anyone making less than $400,000 a year.” He’s been making that claim over and over again: A June 28 op-ed: “Critically, we are going to get all of this done without raising taxes one single cent on Americans who earn less than $400,000 a year.”

The details of the Neal plan, if implemented, would make a liar out of Mr. Biden on a level reminiscent of President George H.W. Bush’s betrayal of his “read my lips” tax pledge.

The Neal document “suggests increasing the tax rate for tobacco products and imposing a tax on other products that use nicotine, such as e-cigarettes,” the New York Times reports. Will cigarette buyers be asked at the cash register whether their income is above or below $400,000 a year? Or do the “one single cent” and “anyone” pledges have secret exceptions for smokers?

Likewise, the Wall Street Journal reports that in the plan Mr. Neal was so understandably reluctant to release, “The top rate would increase to 39.6% from 37%, with that top bracket starting at $400,000 for individuals and $450,000 for married couples.” So the “anyone making less than $400,000 a year” category has an exception for people married to someone earning $400,000 a year: for those spouses, the tax increase kicks in once they earn a mere $50,000.

The plan Neal wanted to keep hidden as long as possible also reportedly includes an increase in the corporate income tax rate, to 26.5% from 21%. Who pays the corporate income tax? Shareholders, including shareholders earning less than $400,000 a year. The Urban Institute and Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center — a center-left research group, not the Club for Growth or Americans for Tax Reform — notes that corporate tax increases also affect workers: “their wages and other compensation, fall.”

So would Mr. Biden veto this tax increase on the grounds that it breaks his promise? The press quotes a White House spokesman, Andrew Bates, claiming that, as the Times paraphrased it, “the draft outline adhered to Mr. Biden’s pledge to avoid raising taxes on Americans who make less than $400,000.”

The president who insisted that the American retreat from Afghanistan was an “extraordinary success” now is going to try to claim that a tax increase on Americans making less than $400,000 is not that. No wonder Chairman Neal has been trying to keep the plan a secret for as long as possible.

With ObamaCare, Speaker Pelosi said “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” The voters fired Mrs. Pelosi as Speaker and didn’t reinstall her for another eight years. George H.W. Bush was also punished at the polls for breaking his tax pledge.

Keeping a tax or health care plan secret from the voters may work long enough to get it passed into law. That only postpones the reckoning. When politicians reach deeper into people’s paychecks, the voters eventually do have a way of finding out and making their displeasure known.

America speaks back.

And in real news,

The House plan doesn’t change the income-tax rules that allow unrealized capital gains to go untaxed at death. Rural Democrats had opposed that administration capital-gains plan, and its chances of becoming law are looking slimmer

The millionaire class digs in its heels. I’d like to know the definition of “rural” here. I’m not rural, but to city folk, I might just be. :ponder:

1 Like

That’s because you say stuff like “city folk.”

You’d think less of me for a writing affectation? Harharhar

You might as well pull out your banjo. :wink:

Nothing wrong with that. Fine instrument there.

Still haven’t seen anything that tangibly reflects Biden’s Obama-crushing, all-time record breaking 81 million votes… :thinking:

1 Like

I imagine Oblahblah knows the numbers aren’t real.

1 Like
5 Likes

Yeah, and how about that stolen California vote? President Trump told us all about it.

Glad to see you’re finally learning: never underestimate the incompetence of the military.

Say what?

it is alleged that Milley made two secret phone calls, both to his Chinese counterpart, Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army. The book alleges that the phone calls took place prior to the 2020 presidential election on Oct. 30, 2020, and two days after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, on Jan. 8, 2021.

According to the book, Milley contacted Li after he had reviewed intelligence that suggested Chinese officials believed the United States was planning an attack on China amid military exercises in the South China Sea.

“General Li, I want to assure you that the American government is stable and everything is going to be OK,” Milley told him during the first call, the book said. “We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you.”

The book, excerpted in the Washington Post, also stated that Milley told Li that he would warn him in advance should America decide to “attack.”

“Gen. Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time,” Milley added, as reported by the book, “Peril,” which is set to be released next week. “It’s not going to be a surprise.”

Sounds like BS to deflect from Biden’s ongoing catastrophes, but even so, what the heck is Milley doing saying this stuff? Fabricated or not.

Why would any leadership want this out in the open if true? The US general going behind the president’s back and calling up China’s General to let them know America’s plan is ridiculous and poses a national security risk.

also this, from the unreliable and untrustworthy Vindman of all people :laughing:

https://twitter.com/AVindman/status/1437843079294238724?s=20

2 Likes

That’s lieutenant colonel Vindman if you please.

1 Like

You forgot “war vet” and “purple heart recipient”. I’ve read that if your plane touches down, you fall out of a Hummer(for a purple heart) and take a dump at Bagram, you get a campaign stripe.

Keep to your own table, will you? I’d rather not drink with you.

Ten bucks Biden’ll shed a tear over this one:

Bannerman told me that on his father’s side, some of Biden’s ancestors enslaved people.

He pointed to Biden’s great-great-great-grandfather, Jesse Robinett, who enslaved two people in Allegany County, Maryland, in the 1800 census. Another 3rd-great-grandfather, Thomas Randle, enslaved a 14-year-old male in the 1st District of Baltimore County, Maryland, in 1850, he said, citing census records and slave schedules, which were separate headcounts of slaves conducted alongside the census in 1850 and 1860.

In 1860, census records show that Randle and his family had moved to Baltimore County’s 13th District, Bannerman said, and an 1860 slave schedule for the 13th District again shows Randle enslaving a single man. (The spelling of Randle varies in some records, as is common for that period, and the spelling of Robinette, which is Biden’s middle name, has changed over time).