Joesax hacked (Was: Forumosa hacked?)

Forumosa’s been acting very strange today. I’ve been getting lots of 404 - page not found errors. And when I try to go directly to the index, I’m sometimes getting redirected to this address:
my5677.com/youji/

Anyone know what’s going on?

I’ve moved this thread here to the Feedback Forum.

This is the first I’ve heard of this problem.

I love my Mac. My PC used to do that all the time, some site will just get in and redirect everything to that site. Dunno how to fix it so not very helpful, but I think it’s a security thing at your end.

[quote=“joesax”]Forumosa’s been acting very strange today. I’ve been getting lots of 404 - page not found errors. And when I try to go directly to the index, I’m sometimes getting redirected to this address:
my5677.com/youji/

Anyone know what’s going on?[/quote]

Maybe it’s you’re computer that has a virus or a backdoor … worm, trojan

No problems here.

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“joesax”]Forumosa’s been acting very strange today. I’ve been getting lots of 404 - page not found errors. And when I try to go directly to the index, I’m sometimes getting redirected to this address:
my5677.com/youji/

Maybe it’s you’re computer that has a virus or a backdoor … worm, trojan[/quote]I did wonder about this. I do AV and spyware scans fairly often. I’ll do some more scans now though.

mac.

smug face

now where is the smiley for that?

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“joesax”]Forumosa’s been acting very strange today. I’ve been getting lots of 404 - page not found errors. And when I try to go directly to the index, I’m sometimes getting redirected to this address:
my5677.com/youji/

Maybe it’s you’re computer that has a virus or a backdoor … worm, trojan[/quote]I did wonder about this. I do AV and spyware scans fairly often. I’ll do some more scans now though.[/quote]

Could it be someone’s avatar being linked back to that site? Next time it happens, please post a link to the exact page you WANTED to see so I (and others) can check the code.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“joesax”][quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“joesax”]Forumosa’s been acting very strange today. I’ve been getting lots of 404 - page not found errors. And when I try to go directly to the index, I’m sometimes getting redirected to this address:
my5677.com/youji/

Maybe it’s you’re computer that has a virus or a backdoor … worm, trojan[/quote]I did wonder about this. I do AV and spyware scans fairly often. I’ll do some more scans now though.[/quote]

Could it be someone’s avatar being linked back to that site? Next time it happens, please post a link to the exact page you WANTED to see so I (and others) can check the code.[/quote]

This is the exact page I wanted to see:
forumosa.com

It’s still happening on and off. 404’s on other pages, this strange redirection on the homepage. Sometimes I’m getting through, sometimes not.

Oops, hehe, I read you were going to the index page after I posted. Sorry. Hmm… well, I think it must be your computer. No avatars on the index page. Unless it’s one of the banner ads, but I’m not even sure if that’s possible…

Could it be your DNS server that’s mixed the URL up maybe?

[quote=“irishstu”]Oops, hehe, I read you were going to the index page after I posted. Sorry. Hmm… well, I think it must be your computer. No avatars on the index page. Unless it’s one of the banner ads, but I’m not even sure if that’s possible…[/quote]Cheers, Irishstu, I think you’re right.

Urodacus, you’re right too. As soon as my aged PC finally gives up the ghost, I’m going to buy a shiny new Mac.

My ex-computer started doing something like this. Any site I clicked on would just be redirected to a site which sold webhosting. As I recall, I just ran SpyAware and that sorted it. It came back from time to time, though.

I found the site extremely slow when I was using it between 10 and 11am today. It was OK from the same computer a bit later.

No 404 problems though.

I have had the same problem for a few days.

OK, well, I’m running the Panda online scan, and it’s found 1 “hacking tool/rootkit”, 2 viruses, 119 (!) bits of spyware and a partridge in a pear tree.

So it’s obviously a case of joesax, not Forumosa, hacked. Now I’ve got to figure out how to get rid of all this stuff. Panda has disinfected the viruses but for it to sort out the other stuff I’d have to get the pay version, which I’m reluctant to do as I’m not terribly keen on the Panda company (they keep sending me advertising emails). But AVG and Ad-Aware didn’t find all the bad stuff.

You might try trendmicro housecall

AVG is antivirus … not rootkit cleaner

[quote=“belgian pie”]You might try trendmicro housecall[/quote]Thanks. I just had a look at the Panda report and it turns out that most of the so-called spyware is just cookies. Two viruses have been disinfected, and there’s something else called “Byteverify” hiding in the cache of my Java folder which I think I can just delete.

But I’ll run that Housecall thing anyway and see what it turns up.

joesax, are you running IE.
maybe you could avoid this by using firefox instead.

I put it on my wife’s computer after she was having similar problems and they haven’t returned.

I run the best anti-virus, anti-spyware software, Linux.

[quote=“bobl”]joesax, are you running IE.
maybe you could avoid this by using firefox instead.

I put it on my wife’s computer after she was having similar problems and they haven’t returned.

I run the best anti-virus, anti-spyware software, Linux.[/quote]Thanks. Yes, I’m using Firefox, and the browser hijacking was happening on both Firefox and IE.

I like the idea of Linux, but I can’t be bothered to learn how to use it. However, I am going to switch to a Mac at some point so that should help me to avoid viruses.

Yes, the Mac will be an improvment over windows. sorry to hear about it getting firefox too.
maybe I’ll have to start breaking in the wife on linux too.