John Cleese ... open letter to America

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I don’t care whether 4 or 5 others said it’s funny, I go with Dr. McCoy’s initial observation. It’s not funny. Funny concept, somewhat funny at first, but then got dragged out too long (we’ve all heard those quips a thousand times) and it was hard bearing with it till the end. It’s not at all that I’m being defensive as an American – I laugh at America too – I just found it to be not very funny.

Start a poll.[/quote]

Why did you keep on reading till the end? It’s funny … admit it … and witty … polls are fro trolls … so, suck it up :raspberry:

Yea, that part was funny, I admit (and did so above). I liked that.

[quote]The rest is merely the voice of that type of pompous fool.

See, it’s as much a dig at the poms as it is a snifling snuffle at you’re hideous spelling and obsession with the right to murder each other. Got it? [/quote]

Interesting interpretation. I didn’t see it that way (as poking fun at the speaker as much as at the subject of his jibes). I thought the first part was funny, but then I saw the rest as simply ad nauseum repetition of worn-out schoolyard taunts we’ve all heard a thousand times.

Just trying to figure out the bizarre belgian pysche I guess. :idunno:

Yea, ok. Maybe if enough people say that it will be funny.

[quote=“MT”]Quote:
8. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns,
lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and
therapists shows that you’re not adult enough to be independent. Guns
should only be handled by adults. If you’re not adult enough to sort
things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then
you’re not grown up enough to handle a gun.

Whatever. True, but not funny.[/quote]

Yeah, but then you’re a lawyer … you can’t see the fun in it … must be hard on you … :wink:

MT -
Listen to the voice…the voice will help you.

youtube.com/watch?v=89KyfTDgPyc

Now go get my coffee.

Anyway, I still view England as a breakaway state. We won the war and all the Brits ran off to Britanland. Bloody splitters! You claim independence and there will be war! There is only one USA and England is a part of the USA.

Like for sure, dog!

Like for sure, dog![/quote]

Then who the bloody hell do we (Oostralia) split from now? I know we’ve been sucking on that yankee teet for quite some years but we still came into this world via an English twat.

HG

Then who the bloody hell do we (Oostralia) split from now? I know we’ve been sucking on that yankee teet for quite some years but we still came into this world via an English twat.

HG[/quote]
The Land Down Under was part of the early release program.

HG[/quote]
The Land Down Under was part of the early release program.[/quote]

correct! “Land down under” was one of Men At Work’s early releases.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_at_work#Singles

youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

The lead singer was Scottish though . . . possibly some relation to Rod Stewart.

C’mon, who do I have to petition, Blighty or Bush?

HG

HG[/quote]

youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew[/quote]
I like that song. I like the way they sneak in the Kookaburra song.
I should have said ‘catch and release’ program. John Cleese would have.

HG[/quote]

youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew[/quote]
I like that song. I like the way they sneak in the Kookaburra song.
I should have said ‘catch and release’ program. John Cleese would have.[/quote]
C N R

Here’s another one.
George Carlin’s Rules to Live By
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=64560

Basically, if someone sends you something in e-mail and it’s some kind of rant and it’s got a name on it, like Carlin, Cleese, or Andy Rooney. It’s bogus.
If someone sends you something in e-mail and says that you can make a lot of money by lending a guy in Nigeria some money for a deposit, you should send them all your money. You’re going to be very rich.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]…
If someone sends you something in e-mail and says that you can make a lot of money by lending a guy in Nigeria some money for a deposit, you should send them all your money. You’re going to be very rich.[/quote]

I’m suing you for spreading false information … :s

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]…
If someone sends you something in e-mail and says that you can make a lot of money by lending a guy in Nigeria some money for a deposit, you should send them all your money. You’re going to be very rich.[/quote]

I’m suing you for spreading false information … :s[/quote]

Haaaaa, sucker! How much did you lose? :roflmao:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]…

I’m suing you for spreading false information … :s[/quote]

Haaaaa, sucker! How much did you lose? :roflmao:[/quote]

Got ya … they tried alright, didn’t catch me tho … anyways, off topic