John Edward admits to affair. Says the kid is "not mine"

John Edward admits to affair–video

[quote]Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards has admitted to having an extramarital affair, but has denied fathering a child by the woman. The affair has been reported in recent weeks in the tabloid press.

Alex Chadwick speaks with NPR Senior Washington Editor Ron Elving about the political implications of the revelation.[/quote]

Generally, I don’t care about politicians and who gets into their knickers. Yet, this one really disturbed me since he had it while his wife was at the lowest point a person could go in their life. What makes this interesting now is the media is begnning to peek into the McCain marriage rift, speculating on that, but no word on the Obama marriage. Not all men cheat, but there hasn’t even been speculation on Obama’s sexual whatever/past.

So, how important is it for the public to know about candidate’s sexual and marriage habits, aside from the obvious reasons (intergity, etc.)
And how will this impact Edwards future political runs, especially Obama?

Edwards was really stupid. He just should have initiated widespread surveillance of ordinary citizens, overturned the 4th amendment, invaded a foreign power that had caused us no harm to the tune of hundreds of thousands of death, done nothing about global warming, permitted income inequality to skyrocket, reduced or eliminated regulatory oversight, and done nothing about the drift of our jobs overseas. Then the media would have loved him, and would have been elected President twice.

Hmm…didn’t the wing-nuts spend the last two years mocking Edwards for being a faggot ? (their word)

So he’s a fag who runs around with other women, just like Obama is a muslim who belongs to a black nationalist church.

“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”

Classic case of BDS in a thread about that crook Edwards.

How Edwards didn’t get laughed out of not one of 2 presidential campaigns is mystifying to me. The fact that Kerry picked him as his running mate spoke greatly to his and Shrum’s lack of ability for the presidential prize.

Corruption, murder, cronyism, incompetence, torture, war profiteering, and stupidity are one thing. Infidelity just won’t be tolerated. (Unless McCain does it.)

Plus ca change…

“Ma, Ma, where’s my Pa?
Gone to the White House, haw, haw, haw.”

Republican campaign slogan aginst Democratic candidate Grover Cleveland in 1884.

Remarkably, he went on to win the election.

His opponent, James G. Blaine had his own problems:

Ah, the good ole days, when politics were civil.

At least now we know what Edwards campaign song would have been:

“Billie Jean is not my lover
She’s just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
She says I am the one,
but the kid is not my son”

[quote=“MikeN”]At least now we know what Edwards campaign song would have been:

She says I am the one,
but the kid is not my son”[/quote]

Damn…you beat me to it. I was going to ask if the woman’s name was Billie Jean!

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“MikeN”]At least now we know what Edwards campaign song would have been:

She says I am the one,
but the kid is not my son”[/quote]

Damn…you beat me to it. I was going to ask if the woman’s name was Billie Jean![/quote]Except that she was his lover, and she isn’t saying that the kid is his.

I was thinking more along the lines of Bob Marley:

“I shot the sheriff, but I didn’t shoot the deputy, no no no…”

is about as exonerating as

“Okay, I did have the affair, but the kid is someone else’s.”

What a selfish bastard. Taking the spotlight from Obama…

Here’s the best (out of context and unintentionally funny) quote to come from all this:

“One of the great things about John Edwards is that he’s so open and willing to try new things and do things in new ways.” – Rielle Hunter (fashion.ie/aggregator/gossip … nspiration)

LOL!!! Tells us more about John Boy than most of us ever wanted to know… But hey, at least he keeps to his ‘progressive’ and ‘liberal’ agenda, apparently even in the boudoir. (Cheap shot, I know, but all’s fair in love, war, politics, and public humiliations of prominent people.)

You can’t hurt him any more than he’s hurt himself.

[quote=“Surly”]What a selfish bastard. Taking the spotlight from Obama…[/quote]No, no. The latest spin is that he cost Hillary the nomination. Take him off the ballot, she either wins or at least doesn’t come in third in Iowa. At least, that’s the spin out of Hillaryland.

[quote=“FiveThirtyEight.com”]Howard Wolfson tells ABC News that, were it not for John Edwards, Hillary Clinton would have beaten Barack Obama in Iowa:

Obama won 37.6 per cent of the vote. Edwards won 29.7 per cent and Clinton won 29.5 per cent, according to results posted by the Iowa Democratic Party.

"Our voters and Edwards' voters were the same people," Wolfson said the Clinton polls showed. "They were older, pro-union. Not all, but maybe two-thirds of them would have been for us and we would have barely beaten Obama." [/quote]

If Hillary broke the story of her being a lesbian, she’d still be in the race.

Way to keep it classy, Rush:

Comparing/connecting Rush to Edwards doesn’t make either one of them less scumbaggy, ya know.

Silly Rush, if that’s all it came down to, how’d she get preggers?

Oh, I know. I agree, anyone who sneaks around cheating on his sick wife is a scumbag.

In this case, the National Enquirer got it right from the beginning, didn’t they? :laughing: First he cheats on his wife who is dying with cancer, allegedly knocks up the lewd New York debutante [some say the baby is his] and now it looks like he might have used PAC contributions to hush her up. I wonder what kind of job they would give Edwards in the dock? Haircutter? :laughing: :smiley:

independent.co.uk/news/world … 79007.html