John Edwards Will Make the Lame Walk and the Blind See

John Kerry in the last debate says he’ll be a president of “science” (insert laugh here). And now we have his running mate talking about people gett’in up out of their wheelchair with a vote for their ticket. All I can say is, … immature. He’s talking to us like we are some pathetic jury.

What is pathetic is that your boy Bush is the one who is causing a whole future generation of people who will be forever confined to a wheelchair, or to have to use prosthetics because of a war he created which was based on a lie.

Edwards absolutely deserves to be attacked for putting hope into the minds of people forced to live 24/7 in chairs with little chance of ever having the opportunity to walk, run or simply move without assistance.
Bush, on the other hand, deserves to be praised for refusing to help or even give hope to those same people.

What is with you Republicans? Is it really impossible for you all to have any compassion for others at all? Is this a genetic defect or what?

I say give the boy a chance, you don’t know what he can do till he tries :bravo:

Speaking of new testament comparisons, try this one from a Cheney town hall meeting:

I just thought of a good job for Bush come early November. I bet some school back in Crawford could use a science teacher. :slight_smile:

[quote=“cableguy”]

What is pathetic is that your boy Bush is the one who is causing a whole future generation of people who will be forever confined to a wheelchair, or to have to use prosthetics because of a war he created which was based on a lie.[/quote]

Please go to Iraq and tell the troops there of your concern. After removing their combat boots from your ass, please tell us their response.

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“cableguy”]

What is pathetic is that your boy Bush is the one who is causing a whole future generation of people who will be forever confined to a wheelchair, or to have to use prosthetics because of a war he created which was based on a lie.[/quote]

Please go to Iraq and tell the troops there of your concern. After removing their combat boots from your ass, please tell us their response.

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing:[/quote]

Commie,

Do you really believe that the troops who are on the front line in Iraq have no fear that the next casualty in the war will be themselves? Do you really believe that they are totally blind to what is happening around them? Who do you believe they blame for being stuck in such a nightmare situation? Do they completely absolve Bush of any responsibility?
C’mon. You don’t really believe that, do you? :unamused:

[quote=“cableguy”]
Do you really believe that the troops who are on the front line in Iraq have no fear that the next casualty in the war will be themselves? Do you really believe that they are totally blind to what is happening around them? Who do you believe they blame for being stuck in such a nightmare situation? Do they completely absolve Bush of any responsibility?
C’mon. You don’t really believe that, do you? :unamused:[/quote]

I probably have just [b]alittle[/b] more experience in being on the front lines anywhere than you cablegay and I certainly know more US veterans from Vietnam and Iraq than you.

mudvillegazette.com/archives/000359.html

I’ve met a few of our boys back from their tour in Iraq. First thing they did when their contract was up, was to sign up for the GI education bill and enroll in whatever college would accept them.

Standard response to the situation in the sandbox…FUBAR.

Anyways who cares about the bottom half of the ticket. It not like people were voting for Dan Quayle (bigger moron) in 1988 either.

[quote=“cableguy”]

Commie,

let’s see. comrade actually served in the us military. i’m going to guess that you haven’t. i believe comrade has a slightly better idea of what front line troops are thinking. :wink:

Weren’t Kerry’s comments concerned with the potential benefits of stem cell research? How come the words “stem” and “cell” have not been mentioned in this thread so far?

On one side you have mad scientist playing God, on the other side you have religous fanatics that think masturbating is killing life.

You really want to hear this debate?

There is no US federal ban on embryonic stem cell research…much is being done with State and private funding…and is also being done overseas. Regardless, no embryonic stem cell based therapy has reached even clinical trials anywhere in the world. The Democrats are screaming replace Bush and the lame will walk and the blind see. It’s complete and utter bullshit.

washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar … 4Jun9.html

Flipper wrote [quote=“cableguy”]

[quote]Commie,

Do you really believe that the troops who are on the front line in Iraq have no fear that the next casualty in the war will be themselves? Do you really believe that they are totally blind to what is happening around them? Who do you believe they blame for being stuck in such a nightmare situation? Do they completely absolve Bush of any responsibility? C’mon. You don’t really believe that, do you? :unamused:[/quote]

First,

I didn’t know he served in Iraq. My mistake. Secondly, why do you believe I have never served in the military? Since my posts have never revealed much about my personal life, I am just wondering?

(Some of us Kerry supporters have actually served in the military. Just thought I would point that out to you. Also, some of us have family members who are currently serving in Iraq. Just thought I would point that out to you as well).

Oh, BTW. Just because someone gives himself the screen name of a horrible former leader of a country doesn’t mean that the person himself has ever been in charge of an entire country. (Just thought I would point that out to you as well).

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“cableguy”]

Comrade Stalin

Are you 100% certain about this? (Uh,oh. This thread seems to require that the posters start to reveal more and more personal information about themselves which makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable since I value my anonymity on this site).

Well, honestly, since I don’t know you (I don’t think I do unless I have met you in a VA hospital in the states where I have been known to be from time to time) then I really can’t say if you know more veterans from Vietnam and Iraq than I do. As for being on the front-lines, again since I don’t know you, I can’t say.

Still, I am wondering why you, and some other Bush supporters, have chosen to ignore my original questions posted in this thread? Again, we see the masterful work from the Republicans: diverting attention away from the real-issue. :notworthy: :bravo:

[quote=“cableguy”]
Well, honestly, since I don’t know you (I don’t think I do unless I have met you in a VA hospital in the states where I have been known to be from time to time) then I really can’t say if you know more veterans from Vietnam and Iraq than I do. As for being on the front-lines, again since I don’t know you, I can’t say. [/quote]

Well, if you been in the VA hospital in Columbia, SC the past 4 months, there’s a good chance you might have met me. If you were in/around Chu Lai, Republic of Vietnam you might have run into me. Or if you were ever on the DMZ in South Korea (humpin’ those yamas!) we might have bumped into each other. And if you were in Kuwait or Iraq with the 82d Airborne, you might have met my daughter.

Well…you said…

“A whole future generation”??? (cough cough) Methinks thou exaggerates. :laughing:

The reason for the higher percentage of head wounds is that vehicle armor and body armor protect the troops from trunk wounds. This is one reason our casualty figures have been so low compared to, say, WWII

While any such injury is terrible, I find it interesting that the troops themselves support Bush by a roughly 55% margin – in other words, opinion polls among military personnel give Bush about a 77-23 lead over sKerry – as TC noted in a thread which Maoman inexplicably floundered yesterday.

They don’t seem to share your concern or your terror. Perhaps you should let them decide for themselves whether what they are doing is important – they seem to think that it is.

How will he cure them of lameness and blindness ? Turn them into Bush supporters ?

Ow sorry… You can replace that with “Kerry supporters” if you prefer.