John Karr was also in Taiwan!

MT, I agree with you completely. That’s the same reason women are raped. They dress up in provacative clothing which incites men. I recently bought a burqa for my daughter…I’ve decided it’s much safer for men that she be covered from head to toe whenever I take her for a walk in the park. I suggest you do the same.

[quote]Political leaders have condemned comments from a Sydney Muslim leader that rape victims had no-one to blame but themselves.

Lebanese Sheik Faiz Mohamad, 34, has been quoted by a newspaper as telling a lecture at the Bankstown Town Hall, in south-western Sydney, that women who wore skimpy clothing teased men.

“A victim of rape every minute somewhere in the world. Why? No-one to blame but herself. She displayed her beauty to the entire world … ,” Sheik Mohamed was quoted as saying in the lecture.

“Strapless, backless, sleeveless, nothing but satanic skirts, slit skirts, translucent blouses, mini skirts, tight jeans: all this to tease man and appeal to his carnal nature.”[/quote]

smh.com.au/news/National/Mus … 5594.html#

It’s completely different for a grown adult to dress sexy and a grown adult to dress his/her 5 year old child sexy and parade her around on stage in beauty pageants. If you were a parent, or spent any time around small children, or simply gave it any thought at all, you would understand.

Blame the victim. Great legal strategy. I applaud you.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

MT, I agree with you completely. That’s the same reason women are raped. They dress up in provacative clothing which incites men. I recently bought a burqa for my daughter…I’ve decided it’s much safer for men that she be covered from head to toe whenever I take her for a walk in the park. I suggest you do the same.

[quote]Political leaders have condemned comments from a Sydney Muslim leader that rape victims had no-one to blame but themselves.

Lebanese Sheik Faiz Mohamad, 34, has been quoted by a newspaper as telling a lecture at the Bankstown Town Hall, in south-western Sydney, that women who wore skimpy clothing teased men.

“A victim of rape every minute somewhere in the world. Why? No-one to blame but herself. She displayed her beauty to the entire world … ,” Sheik Mohamed was quoted as saying in the lecture.

“Strapless, backless, sleeveless, nothing but satanic skirts, slit skirts, translucent blouses, mini skirts, tight jeans: all this to tease man and appeal to his carnal nature.”[/quote]

smh.com.au/news/National/Mus … 5594.html#[/quote]

To be fair, that shakey sheikh did back down, sort of . . .

[quote]NSW Premier Bob Carr condemned the religious leader’s comments and said he would approach the Community Relations Commission to provide him counselling.

But the sheik backed away from his earlier comments, claiming he had been misunderstood and had made a mistake.

“I know I said something not thinking at that time. However, with all honesty from the depths of my heart I never meant it like this,” Sheik Mohamad told the Ten network.

“Maybe I should have said it another way meaning they are attracting to themselves and are partly to blame but not fully to blame.”
Sheik Mohamad apologised for his earlier comments and said he had learned from his mistake.

"I’ve been misunderstood, I am sorry to all the community - to Muslim ladies and non-Muslim ladies.

“I’ve learned from this mistake; we’re all humans we can do mistakes.”[/quote]

They really should make me minister for immigration, I’d have merrily turfed that fucker out to a religious theme park with all the other believers.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

They really should make me minister for immigration, I’d have merrily turfed that fucker out to a religious theme park with all the other believers.

HG[/quote]

Thank goodness we have lawyers like MT who would defend this worthy gentleman against your racist policies.

:wink:

Absolutely right. Sexualizing little girls with lipstick, heels, short skirts, etc. is wrong. :loco: What the hell is the matter with the parents. :fume: Six year olds should be playing with Fisher-Price toys, making cookies out of play-doh, or riding their bicycles with their friends, not parading in front of adults. :frowning:

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

HG[/quote]

Thank goodness we have lawyers like MT who would defend this worthy gentleman against your racist policies.

:wink:[/quote]

No, no, nothing racist about my ideal world, I’d have wowsers of every hue frog-marched off somewhere else while the rest of us got on with the party.

As for dressing kids up and tempting the peds, that’s just silly. It really is the same as saying women in skimpy clothes court rape. The responsibility and fault is all with the attacker. Decent folks dont do kids, even if they look like Barbie.

HG

Absolutely right. Sexualizing little girls with lipstick, heels, short skirts, etc. is wrong. :loco: What the hell is the matter with the parents. :fume: Six year olds should be playing with Fisher-Price toys, making cookies out of play-doh, or riding their bicycles with their friends, not parading in front of adults. :frowning:[/quote]

And of course all pedophiles are turned on only by child beauty queens. :s I wonder how many 6 year old beauty queens wearing lipstick have been raped and murdered in comparison to 6 year old girls playing in the park while wearing a white Snoopy tshirt and pink shorts. Care to provide figures to back up your opinion?

I don’t think either Polly Klass or Natascha Kampusch were beauty queens…do you?

Natascha Kampusch

ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s … ?hub=World
pollyklaas.org/

Blame the victim. Great legal strategy. I applaud you.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:[/quote]

Your logic is seriously flawed. The victim is Jon Benet. I never blamed her at all. Clearly she wasn’t at fault; she was just a child being manipulated by those around her. I said I don’t know whether her one of her parent’s murdered her or not (many suspect they did), but I said they, not the victim, share part of the blame for making her a magnet for pedophiles. I’m hardly the first to suggest such a thing.

commercialappeal.com/mca/nat … 75,00.html

urbansemiotic.com/2006/08/18/ped … erversion/

abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2338102

answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 123AAnL06z

abc24.com/news/local/story.a … 0871756590

Here’s 95,000 other articles on the subject.
google.com/search?q=child+be … art=0&sa=N

Are you a parent? If so, would you dress up your 5 year-old daughter in a revealing evening gown with high heels, lipstick, mascara, curl her hair, teach her to walk, talk and act sexy and parade her around on stage in various cities across the country in front of crowds of strangers you never met? I wouldn’t.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]

Your logic is seriously flawed. The victim is Jon Benet.[/quote]

Her family are also victims.

I can suggest you try mayo with your French Fries…my suggestion carries as much weight as the links you posted. Lots of handwringing and moaning but no facts.

I’m a grandparent with daughters and a granddaughter and how I dress my daughters and how they wish to dress themselves is no ones business except ours. We call that Freedom.

Maybe if the gang of useless drones which make up our legal profession would spend more time putting pedophiles behind bars forever instead worring about their “rights” and releasing them into the community people would have to worry as much.

Get your facts straight. John Karr was detained in connection with a murder, but the prosecutor lacked any evidence at all to support that charge. In fact there was substantial evidence, including DNA, that showed he didn’t commit the crime, so the prosecutor decided to release him. The US Constitution guarantees a right to a speedy trial and to due process of law. If you don’t like that you can move to China. Many of us, however, believe due process and constitutional rights are good things. Many of us believe people should not be punished for crimes they did not commit.

In theory any woman or child of any age should be able to walk around starkers without getting molested or raped.

I don’t understand why the suspect wasn’t DNA tested in Thailand. If that had been a match then he could have been taken to the US for one that would stand up in court.

If someone has a prediliction for kiddies I don’t think it matters what you dress them up in. Kids have been dressing up in mummy’s clothes for years. I know I did. :wink:

[quote=“Lord Lucan”]In theory any woman or child of any age should be able to walk around starkers without getting molested or raped.

I don’t understand why the suspect wasn’t DNA tested in Thailand. If that had been a match then he could have been taken to the US for one that would stand up in court.

If someone has a prediliction for kiddies I don’t think it matters what you dress them up in. Kids have been dressing up in mummy’s clothes for years. I know I did. :wink:[/quote]

Yeah, but unlike you, boys usually stop by the time they’re 30.

HG

[quote=“Lord Lucan”]In theory any woman or child of any age should be able to walk around starkers without getting molested or raped.

If someone has a prediliction for kiddies I don’t think it matters what you dress them up in.[/quote]

Logic…common sense. :bravo:

And I bet you were [color=red]hot.[/color] :wink:

Little boys also get abused and probably murdered.
Is that partly because their parents dress them up in cowboy and Indian outfits and teach them to act macho?
Or does this partial blame on parents only apply to those with daughters who are dressed as princesses?

Hey, nobody’s saying that it’s wrong to let kids play dress-up. That’s a natural part of childplay. I think we can all agree that it is wrong to impose sexual attitudes and behaviour on kids, though, right? Kiddy beauty pageants with high heels, expertly applied make-up, and swimsuit competitions just don’t seem to be healthy things. Call me old-fashioned. Maybe this portion of the discussion should be split and moved to the parenting forum. I’m not a parent (yet), but I wouldn’t dream of allowing my kid in one of those competitions. Am I out of touch?

Makeup, lipstick, nice hairdo and Suzi Wong dress. Just asking for it, right?

And as for the vaseline on the lens… hanging’s too good… etc etc

Everyone’s a critic. :laughing:

The lens? I’ve never heard it called that before. Telephoto I suppose. . .