John Kerry Memorial

While I was listening to the “John Boy and Billy” radio show this morning they interviewed some Vietnam Vets because today is Veterans Day in the US. One of the vets mentioned that he had been to Hanoi recently and visited a Vietnam War museum there. He said that there were at least two memorial displays dedicated to Americans who helped North Vietnam win the war against the United States: one to Jane Fonda (actress) and one to John Kerry (senator). Has anyone on Forumosa actually been to that museum and can verify that this is indeed true?

Hardly a display “dedicated to Americans who helped North Vietnam win the war”
snopes.com/politics/kerry/museum.asp

I know this guy who’s a friend of a friend who said that the moon is made of cheese. This is true because there’s a meteor made of cheese being held in a secret compartment in the Pentagon but the guy who saw it was injected with this powerful nerve agent that makes him talk like Ren from Ren & Stimpy. He had a secret love child with Donald Rumsfeld, but she’s living in Burma under house arrest because she knows too much about recent plans to build a large glass phallus on top of the White House that would help Bush encrypt messages to a squadron of evil space monkeys hovering outside earth.

Bob??

"A Ho Chi Minh City museum that honors Vietnam war protesters features a photograph of Sen. John Kerry being greeted by the general secretary of the Communist Party, Comrade Do Muoi.
A snapshot of the display in the Vietnamese Communist War Remnants Museum

Yes, Tainan, if it only weren’t for those damn protestors who opposed a pointless war that killed over 47,000 Americans. Democracy sucks, doesn’t it? I mean, we also should have stopped those protestors against the latest Iraq war. Next time we should follow the Stalinist model and simply assassinate those idiots trying to organize protests. Hell, we should just White-Out the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights. That way whenever we go to war no one can disagree.
I mean, those 47,000 men and women who died in Vietnam had to die. We had to fight in Vietnam, and if it weren’t for people like Kerry we could have napalmed the entire country, hell NUKED it and won it even though it might have been a little hard cleaning up all the radiation afterwards. Then we should have gone into China just like McArthur thought we should. Damn it, where can we find geniuses like them these days? Can’t find no smart people nowhere nohow today.

TainanCowboy’s got a point, though. You can be against a war without supporting the other side too.

In the case of the Vietnam war, the ‘other side’ was a bunch of blood-letting extremists that Kerry unwittingly lent credibility to.

“ho, ho, ho chi min! nlf is gonna win!”

the day saigon fell, they had a victory march at berkeley.

it disgusts me that so many of the vietnam protestors were not protesting war. they were rooting for a communist victory.

I abhor the way our soldiers were treated before and after the war. They sacrificed their lives because politicians were willing to waste their lives (and not their own, as in the case with Iraq; ask Bush if he’ll send his daughters overseas). Any American who celebrated a Vietcong victory is pond scum. I have definite issues with Jane Fonda in that regard. However, I guess by being against the war in Iraq I am Saddam’s buddy? Wrong. I get your argument, but Kerry did not support the Vietcong. He was against a war. The Vietnamese simply used a high-profile spokesperson for the opposition as proof that the country was not unanimous in wasting lives in Vietnam. Since Bush Sr. didn’t go into Iraq after Desert Storm I suppose Saddam could have placed his photo on the wall to celebrate not defending the Kurds he indirectly sent to their massacre.
Anyway, watch out for chocolate ice cream at 7-11. If it melts they just refreeze it.

I don’t think so.

Why is that? The Vietnamese succeeded in evicting Chinese and French occupiers from their country. Shouldn’t they also have had the right to evict the US and Catholic intruders? Just curious.

Incidentally, I wonder if you realize TC that your quotes about Kerry are taken verbatim from the Internet hoax that is disproved at the Snopes website that BFM provided a link to.

I don’t think so.[/quote]

“ho, ho, ho chi minh! nlf is gonna win!”

yeah, i just made that shit up to slander anti-war protestors. :unamused:

Why is that? The Vietnamese succeeded in evicting Chinese and French occupiers from their country. Shouldn’t they also have had the right to evict the US and Catholic intruders? Just curious.[/quote]

2 reasons.

1.) they were killing american soldiers.

2.) they were a regime that brutalized its people.

funny you deplore depots but when some crackpot leftist tyrants like the vietcoms come along, they’re fine as long as they also opposed “western imperialism.”

do i have to dig up the earlier thread about what the vietcoms did when they got into power or the horrors that many viets had to go through to escape?

I don’t think so.[/quote]

yeah, I just made that shit up to slander anti-war protestors. :unamused:[/quote]
I see. I thought you were just repeating something your mommy or daddy said when you were little.

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“Flipper”]

yeah, I just made that shit up to slander anti-war protestors. :unamused:[/quote]
I see. I thought you were just repeating something your mommy or daddy said when you were little.[/quote]

nope. just repeating a common vietnam-era chant.

So many, so many, so many.

the phrase ‘so many’ is a little ironic in that its tells us ‘so little’. How many is ‘so many’?

Is it more than a few?
Is it a more than a lot?
Can it be quantified,
Majority or not?
So many so many,
What does it mean?
You are waffling my friend
So much hot air and steam.

(ok ok, I promise, never again :blush: )

Why is that? The Vietnamese succeeded in evicting Chinese and French occupiers from their country. Shouldn’t they also have had the right to evict the US and Catholic intruders? Just curious.[/quote]

2 reasons.

1.) they were killing American soldiers.

2.) they were a regime that brutalized its people.

funny you deplore depots but when some crackpot leftist tyrants like the vietcoms come along, they’re fine as long as they also opposed “western imperialism.”[/quote]

I never said the VC were fine and in fact I stated not long ago in a different thread that I believe the govt of Vietnam is corrupt and oppressive and the people of Vietnam will be better off when their govt changes.

As as for your point #1, the American soldiers invaded their country, torched their villages, shot, tortured and napalmed their people (including old folks, women and children), poisoned their food supply (as a result of which the Vietnamese have suffered and continue to suffer from extremely high rates of deaths and birth defects). Can one blame them for killing americans. If the VC had invaded the US and did the things in our country that the US did in theirs, I’m sure you’d be eager to kill some of the bastards.

Point #2: yes the VC committed atrocities. So did the South Vietnamese. So did the Americans:

pbs.org/wgbh/amex/vietnam/tr … mylai.html

War is hell. I never said I respected the VC. But I think I can understand a little how they might have felt about wanting to expel foreign intruders from their country. How many decades did they have to fight in order to do so?

“Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did’ya kill today!”
Most protesters back then just wanted the war to end. They usually got labeled as commie sympathizers. A good propaganda technique is to question the patriotism of anyone who disagrees with government activities.

i’m sorry, are you claiming that “ho, ho, ho chi minh! nlf is gonna win!” was a creation of right-wingers to slander the anti-war folk?

good thing we have jane fonda on camera. otherwise we’d have people on the left claiming that she never supported the north.

btw, richard, did you not notice mt above justifying supporting the north vietnamese? maybe mt doesn’t exist and is just a device i created to question the patriotism of the anti-war left for propaganda reasons. :stuck_out_tongue: