John Wick is the greatest action movie hero EVER

Sad Keanu meme: 1.5 million hits

Sad @BiggusDickus meme: Me, @the_bear, and @Jonesey

Sadly, this logic applies to everyone more famous or popular than I am. So, for example, Donald Trump is only criticised by haters because he has significantly more Twitter followers than I do.

1 Like

Having said that, my own personal feelings compel me to encourage you to focus on quality rather than quantity

And I have to say, Donald Trump is far from being only “criticised by haters because he has significantly more Twitter followers than I do”… he’s mostly criticised for…well, there’s an embarrassment of choices here, knock yourself out

Careful Rocky Raccoon, the sheriff in here doesn’t take kindly to political talk in these here parts.

That said I think John Wick is a great action flick, perhaps 3 films in the Matrix geared Keano up for good martial arts moves. I like he looks a lot more solid in these movies.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be watching it. I generally only go to the movie theater once or twice a year, but I might use up a slot for this movie. Otherwise it’s going to be a long haul flight time killer.

Well met, sheriff.
Word to the wise, me beloved cousin @rocky_raccoon gets all bent out of shape when I gets mistook for him, or vice motherfuckin versa.
Just sayin. :+1:

Keanu is so handsome:

2d78a394-1e6c-4f58-940e-3d7437df2010

047adac1-7df2-48b3-b3fc-58fc1516f5c8

73d6cd2c-f397-45ff-9bc0-0bdc899547fa

ca23c553-402a-42fb-9c6c-fa1874446004

My kingdom for that French magazine. No more FNAC in Taiwan!

Which is not to say that brother @BiggusDickus ain’t

1 Like

He’s better looking than me. He has more Twitter followers than I do. In fact, I don’t even have a Twitter account.

I’m going to have to crack open another bottle of gin. I bet he drinks better quality stuff than King Robert II. He looks like one of those loaded Gordon’s types.

Eh like Takeshi, he has no social media.

As to drinking, I think I have his pic with a beer. Seems more like a beer guy.

Too much winning?

Fucking gulag.

Say what you will about John Wick movies, I guarantee you the US Navy Seals (and probably other special forces folk from all over the wrld irl) use center axis pistol relock and similar rifle/carbine dance moves when shit gets real.

Keanu and John Wick are to gun fu as Bruce Lee was to kung fu.

1 Like

I just watched Always Be My Maybe; while it’s a corny movie, the Keanu cameo had me dying laughing. What a douche! I highly recommend.

1 Like

John Wick saved the entire action genre when he took the Action Hero Championship belt from Liam Neeson with, perhaps the most perfect action movie ever, Chapter 2. GOAT may be a bit premature but he could hold onto the championship forever if he wants to and, being that he has said he will keep making Wick films for as long as people want to watch Wick films, he just may.

1 Like

Is there any reason I shouldn’t watch the second one before the first one

The first one was on TV yesterday. Utter shite.

People are talking about these movies like it’s Clint Eastwood, Rambo and Charles Bronson rolled up into one.

2 Likes

Personal taste and all that, but I thought the first movie was dreadful.

1 Like

Wick 1 is about a retired hitman - John Wick - with a nice mustang and a puppy, given to him by his recently deceased wife. One day he’s filling up with gas when the young son (Alfie whatsit who played Theon Greyjoy in GoT) of a Russian mobster rolls up to the gas pump one over. Young son is a real dick. Comes over to Wick and “offers to buy” the Mustang, Wick declines, young dick orders up a home invasion/car theft because he gets everything he wants, puppy dies, Wick seeks revenge. Much bloody gun fu ensues.

Second movie Wick refuses to make a hit on a female gangster, even though he’s bound by Rules of the Hitman Game to do so. Head honcho of Game orders retaliation on Wick. Much bloody gun fu ensues.

The movies are very well made, the violence is extremely stylized, but they are what they are. They’ve gained a reputation among gamers and gun aficionados because of the gear and because most of the gun fu is very feasible. It’s like the opposite of super hero movies, where the violence is rarely feasible.

If you dislike violence in movies then you won’t like Wick movies. If you are prone to thinking Americans collectively have a gun fetish, then you won’t like Wick movies - they definitely fetishize guns. For many gun enthusiasts the realism makes it easier to ignore the gun fetish nonsense. The John Wick franchise has influenced many action movies made in the past couple years, not unlike the influence Bruce Lee movies had on kung fu movies in the years following their release.

I haven’t seen Wick 3 yet.

Did I mention the movies look really cool? It’s dark gamer candy, basically.

I don’t know man. I’d take the Ong Bak guy, the Raid guy, or Jackie Chan in his prime over John Wick. But if you enjoy those movies that’s cool.