Jolin doesn't recognize Hau Long-bin at NY countdown

How many charisma stars do you give Hau Long-bin?

• none
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four

0 voters

Apparently she stood next to him for five minutes or longer on stage not showing any sign of recognizing him. After leaving the stage, a reporter asked her who she prefered (?), Ma Ying-jeou or Mayor Hau. She replied, "Who is Mayor Hau?"before being rescued by one of her entourage. Here’s a link. I can’t find a photo, but I wish I could. I did see Hau onstage. He looked kind of Charlie Brownish, ambling from side to side with a blank grin on his face.

I suspect he was a test candidate run by the KMT. They knew they would win Taipei, so what better way to test your baseline support than to run a candidate with absolutely no charisma. It also gives them good information of how much of Ma’s support was(is) due to his charisma.

Who is Jolin?

That woman with fake boobs, fake nails, and a lazy eye who makes hundreds of millions of NT endorsing french fries, scooters, and contact lens cleaning solution.

Or it could be that while Ma Yingjiu has broad but shallow public support, he also has few friends of any sort of stature in the KMT. Who has a higher profile in the pan-blue camp who isn’t aligned against him?

The question is irrelevant.
What does a vapid pop star truly know about anything. Esp. something as obviously empty a vessel as Jolin Tzai?!
:wanker:
And that’s about it.

You do know that Hau is the son of the former ROC military chief of staff and later premier Hau Po-tsun? That carries a lot of weight in KMT circles.

Despite my prejudices against his silver spoon background, I think Hau has the potential to be a far better mayor than Ma Ying-jeou. Hau, despite being just a few years you younger than Ma, belongs to a different political generation. He’s not at all interested in ideology and, by serving head of the EPA in the DPP administration has shown that he willing to work with the other side of the fence to get things done. He also walked the walk and quit when he felt that the Pinglin interchange was being opened for political reasons and the environment was getting screwed.

Who cares if Jolin doesn’t recognize him? I kind of doubt Hau does. If we are very lucky, he’ll set a new trend of Taiwanese politicians who don’t want to embarrass themselves by getting on stage all the time.

Go Mayor Hau!

I’m with Feiren. And if it’s ok to criticize Ma for his charm, than it seems disingenuous to criticize Hao for his lack of it.

Does that mean Jolin didn’t vote for the Hau?

Everybody knows that I hope.

You do know that Hau Po-tsun, following the death of CKS, led a largish group of ROC generals (I think it was said to be fifty rank stars among them) to all retire to luxury villas in the same picturesque valley in… the People’s Republic of China? And of course, there is the Lafayette thingie.

Oh, yeah. What a great guy for that. It was a lameass reason to quit. If you lived in Pinglin you’d want the bloody interchange wouldn’t you? I think there’s an old thread on this subject actually.

[quote]If we are very lucky, he’ll set a new trend of Taiwanese politicians who don’t want to embarrass themselves by getting on stage all the time.
Go Mayor Hau![/quote]
Well, let’s hope he doesn’t quit. I wish the guy well too. But I don’t expect much from him. I don’t trust him any further than I could throw his father. But we’ll see.

I guess all he needs is a little charisma, then. Give him a boob job and fix up his nails.

If you are a Mando-pop star, it’s good to take chances to show your ignorance of Taiwanese politics. She’ll be bound for China shortly, I’m guessing.

I wouldn’t recognize Hau either. However, I could easily recognize his father.

Heh, heh. Can’t resist. Click the photos to see the captions if case you care to.

Actually it is quite hard to find photos of him.

If you really want pictures of Mayor Hao Bin Lang, you need to search using his Chinese name. 714 images found:

images.google.com/images?svnum=1 … tnG=Search

Mayor Hau looks kind of like a momma’s boy.

If he needs more charisma, why he doesn’t load a cheat? No console access? ADDCHA 20…

That woman with fake boobs, fake nails, and a lazy eye who makes hundreds of millions of NT endorsing french fries, scooters, and contact lens cleaning solution.[/quote]

No thats May Day… oh hang on… they endorse soft drink… and phones… and xbox’s and … and… on and on

More evidence:

[quote][quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“Taffy”][quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“slurpcheese”]Seems Ma is going to resign in a few minutes - reporters have already been tipped off, much like they were about his indictment earlier this afternoon.

If convicted, he faces up to seven years in prison.[/quote]

Resign as grand poo-bah of the KMT only, right? He’s not quitting as mayor is he?[/quote]

Um, he’s not mayor any more anyway.[/quote]

Oh, yea. Details, details.

So then I guess the resignation is no big deal anyway. Chairman of the KMT – whoopdeedoo.

But seven years in prison, that’s something.[/quote][/quote]