Jonghe? Good Place?

Wow it sounds really good… Icon I do very much appreciate the translation, I did not no it included all those amenities’, and scomargo thanks for the street view included that was pretty awesome… I mean it really does not seem like that much money, but I am also coming from an Orange County perspective where it cost 600 dollars to share a room with somebody in a small ass apartment. I will try to find out some more info and let you guys know what I come across. I think this is pretty much the apt that we are going to get so ill keep you guys posted as to the progress. Thanks for all your help.

One more thing I’ll mention. As other posters have said, there are a lot of amenities in that building. That brings up two important considerations that you should know about if you don’t already.

1. You won’t actually have all 45 ping of space in your apartment. It might be 30-40 ping instead. The rest of the space is shared public space, but not inside your actual apartment.

2. You will need to pay a monthly maintenance fee that is most likely not included in your rent. It will almost certainly be more than $1000 per month, and possibly double or triple that depending on the pricing structure for that particular building. Nicer buildings often tend to charge more.

You may know all of this already, but I thought I’d mention it anyway. I hope you have a good experience wherever you end up.

[quote=“scomargo”]One more thing I’ll mention. As other posters have said, there are a lot of amenities in that building. That brings up two important considerations that you should know about if you don’t already.

1. You won’t actually have all 45 ping of space in your apartment. It might be 30-40 ping instead.[/quote]

From my calculations it should be around 34ping after the modern, legal, minimum public space deduction.

Personally I’m not a fan of all the public space usage that goes into many of these places. I lived in one once and never once used the swimming pool, or the cinema, or the library, or they gym. I actually used to travel three miles down the road to a better gym. The swimming pool wasn’t to the standards kept at public pools. The library had no interesting books…Needless to say that’s why this time we hoped to get this kind of old building that has the actual ping advertised and very low maintenance fees, albeit because the lazy arse people downstairs have never cleaned the windows in twenty years, there’s grunge in every corner and my neighbours leave their crap all up and down the stairs. :fume:
Overall though, I prefer it to the spankingly clean new building with all the useless amenities and the massive public space deduction. In that building the public space deduction was 35% :astonished:

Ehem, translation OK, but I am not sure it includes fridge, TV, beds and other details. But thos eyou can get here cheap, so no biggie.

The otehr thing is the location. Is that across from the highway next to the river? Not exactly what I had in mind.
:astonished:

If you decide to go for it, don’t forget to negotiate the price (and factor in the maintenance and utility fees). I would start by asking them if there is room for negotiation, to gage their reaction, and then, regardless of whether they admit that there is, diplomatically proposing some 70 to 80 percent of what they’re asking. You can always go up from there.

The maintenance fee/guard etc… even Internet is covered in his rent.

Plus this:

Cleaning lady, even laundry.

There must be a catch. :ponder:

[quote=“904”]
The center of town being like right by Taipei 101, I hear thats where the nightlife is with regards to clubs. I didn’t know that Yonghe had that much had all the that stuff right there. I thought I would have to travel closer to 101 for that stuff, but what to do I know i haven’t even landed hahaha[/quote]

In that case, I think you are too far from the center of town. You will spend a lot of time on the MRT or on taxis (or scooter) fighting through the traffic going back and forth across the bridge. And the crowding in Yonghe means that it is very difficult to get around on foot.

I did some further research on google maps to see what else we can find, and the place is in Yonghe. I pose another question: The place we were looking at was 30, 000 NTD for a 3 bedroom on 591.com. I figure that this site is for locals so they wouldn’t really be marking up the prices, but would anybody know the average that apts go for in Yonghe? Or is 30,000 a good price? Once again thanks for the help.

It is relatively high… if that is an acceptable rent to you, then you could consider Da-an district in Taipei city, such as areas near Da-an forest park. However, if that apts in Yonghe is rather spacious (inside more than 120m2, with 2 bathrooms) and newly built (less than 5 years), in that case 30, 000 NTD could be a fair price.

One of my buddies is landing next week and will go see the place shortly afterwards, hopefully then have a better grasp on things. Would you guys have an average on how much utilities are? Icon I know you mentioned that electricity might be a bit high for a place like this; do you know an approximate range? Also, what other utilities is there, water, gas? How about TV or satellite, is that expensive? Thanks guys

A new place like this with central air conditioning/heating could be very pricy utility wise. Ask to see a receipt from the previous owner/resident. I am estimating 10 thousand, more or less. For electricity only.

You have Internet connection, cable should be also included. If not, it is 500 to 600 a month. Ask if you can -if you want to- have MOD. As for Stellite, ask the Forumosa poster Satellite TV for details.