Joys of Aging

The only joy in aging is that it could be worse
You could be dead

Aging should be seen as
A
Preservation of an enjoyable life in as much as possible
Without hurting others

I’ve got Gerd which is close. I hear it can become ibs. I’m only 30 :sob:

Yeah sometimes mine switches to Gerd. Just for fun.

Ppi really helps but I just ran out if my american supply. I tried getting more here and the doctor will only give me like 4 at a time instead of the 50 I got from the VA. Do I just need to visit the big hospital?

Nah you just need to find a pharmacy that will sell to you without a prescription. Look for a big pharmacy nowhere near a hospital( meaning a pharmacy with a shitload of drugs behind the counter). Their whole reason for being is to sell drugs to people with chronic illness who are sick of going back to hospital every month. They’ll ask for your phone number and put you in the system then every time you go back you can refer to whatever drugs you bought last time.

I’ve never been refused a drug, including anti psychotics and epilepsy meds.

1 Like

Changes in diet will stop GERD cold.

Oh!! I didn’t know you can do that. There’s one literally next to my House. I didn’t know you can get prescription drugs there I thought it was over the counter only

I tried and it worked, but I could only eat like maybe 10 different foods total. Like half of all Vegetables and fruits trigger a reaction for me.

Basically I could only eat melon, cucumber, leafy vegetables, chicken breast. Any season beyond salt and pepper will cause a reaction.
I can eat rice too

Most fruits causes a reaction

It’s no way to live trust me.

Taiwan’s weird like that. But also super convenient. Of course it’s not every pharmacy, some only fill scripts from doctors but they’ll always be right next to the clinic.

1 Like

I don’t want to get all Taiwanese on you, but have you tried drinking hot water? I was rather annoyed to find that it worked pretty well for me.

3 Likes

I tried it but no luck.

Oddly enough, milk seems to help. But not cheese that makes it worse

It was always tomatoes and other acidic stuff for me.

1 Like

Milk is temporary though. It will come right back. Do you exercise often? If it’s caused by a hernia, surgery can help too.

This thread is full of acronyms I don’t understand.

I guess this is positive, at least for now? :thinking:

Guy

1 Like

8 Likes

Exercise is the best treatment for almost anything.

I find all my intestinal issues tend to disappear in the weekend when I’m living my best life.

4 Likes

Joys of aging include: not caring about stupid shit I do, (because I’ve done so much stupid shit already,) finding new experiences more enjoyable, taking bigger risks, looking in better shape than people younger than me, no peer pressure, saying no without feeling guilty, reminiscing (gets better with time/ memory fade). Generally giving less of a fuck.

4 Likes

:ponder:

I’ve been having issues with this on and off for a while, and recently it’s been bad for… months? a lot of tension on the jaw, sometimes it even gives me headache. In my case I believe it’s stress related.

I received acupuncture for this some years ago. A strange experience.

I think more and more about less and less.

2 Likes