JP Morgan predicts 5.9% growth for Taiwanese economy in 2021

Gangbusters!

1 Like

Strongly boosted by semiconductors I’m sure.

Yup. TSMC’s revenue is expected to grow 15%.

Mediatek’s January revenue grew 80% year-to-year.

Choo-choo! Better get on the “Taiwan is awesome” train before you look stupid.

Runaway inflation is awesome!

1 Like

Inflation was negative in 2020.

it is relative.
You do realize each government sets up what is in their “basket” of commodities to represent their CPI. Housing going up, reduce its weight, add another commodity that is going down. It’s not rocket science.

2 Likes

You have evidence the Taiwanese government changes the rules in the middle of the game like that? That practice would be fraudulent, and no one would trust Taiwan’s numbers like they do.

In the US there is core CPI that doesn’t include food or gas because those things are volatile.

haha. man, I am not going to go through google serarch to “show you”, when I was in the industry and would read it.

This is just one example: M1 (DISCONTINUED) (M1) | FRED | St. Louis Fed
M1 money stock discontinued.
That’s just M1. Won’t go looking for CPI for you. it’s a fact.

That means the supply of one type of money increased, so we should expect inflation.

Doesn’t mean the CPI suddenly changed how much they weight each consumer good.

That was then. Finished plastic products that cost me 300NT last year are being quoted at 1,100NT now – if I can even get them. Resins for injection molded products are at sky high prices now – if they’re even available. Costs for construction materials are so high in Japan projects are being canceled due to cost. My house on the West Coast in the U.S. is going up in price thousands of dollars a week. I’ve never seen price rises like I’m seeing now.

1 Like

anyhew… they are doing. So, there is severe inflation in all kinds of things except a country’s CPI

We already know timber supplies/other producer prices are super high because of the pandemic, and they will pass on some of those increases to the consumer. The Fed will put the brakes on it if it rises to problematic levels.

I hope so. It sucks trying to get things built or manufactured now – and it’s just started to really hit in the last six weeks or so.

There will be inflation, we just don’t know how much yet. The reason they haven’t hiked rates is because the American economy is still in the recovery process.

It’s great when salaries stay stagnant but the bowl of beef noodle soup is $300. But yes you can certainly see costs rising everywhere. Grocery store, housing as you mentioned, labour prices

You realize a labor price is a salary?

I didn’t say all salaries are down. The majority are. Politicians are getting their raises ok as well as CEO’s
Plus construction workers aren’t getting the increases, the owners are

Are you serious? Construction worker salaries increased by 33% already.

Also, a labor price is what the CEO pays the construction workers.

That might be where you live but is not indicative of everyone.
Plus honestly why pick on one subset of people. The working poor aren’t benefiting in any way from this.