Julian Assange (Wikileaks) arrested

What I don’t quite understand yet , is that he is blaming the Trump administration .for his arrest . and yet I thought the trouble was his release of the DNC and other material ? I guess all will be revealed… or maybe not in this case ?

Considering Trump’s praise of Wikileaks, this sounds more like a Deep State operation. Who knows at this stage? Assange does seem to have a talent for pissing people off though.

i think they will get him with this,

Failure to surrender to bail
Bail Act 1976, s.6

Maximum: 12 months’ custody
Offence range: Discharge – 26 weeks’ custody

Culpability A

• Failure to surrender represents deliberate attempt to evade or delay justice

Fixed that!

You’re really going to use the term “deep state” unironically? Seems the US requested this, so the Trump administration probably ran out of patience for its once “useful idiot.” The Ecuadorian embassy is all too happy to get rid of an unwanted house guest who looks like he hasn’t seen a shower or razor in years too.

2 Likes

On the bright side, they arranged to have his cat put up at a shelter before arresting him, so that’s nice.

5 Likes

Yes, unironically. There are all kinds of things going on in the government beyond the president’s knowledge or control. You really think all those alphabet agencies are there to do the president’s bidding?

So Assange was arrested

Cant believe they are saying he is going to get five years in jail, that is nothing to Assange!

He’s already spent 7 years under virtual house arrest. He should have just done the time when the Swedish police were after him. He probably would have been out in 6 months, albeit with a criminal record; but really, that sort of thing comes with the territory if you decide to go up against governments.

2 Likes

If they had got him when they were hurting from the leaks it could have gone worse for him though.

Since then people have realized that no one cares about all the lies anyway :joy:

So whose bidding do they do? A secret cabal of shadowy Illuminati in a smoke filled room? They can’t get Hillary elected, or an unredacted Mueller report released, but they can somehow coerce both the Ecuadorian embassy to strip Assange of protections and pressure the U.K. authorities to arrest him and extradite him? That makes more sense to you than the Trump administration losing patience with him?

Sometimes a cigar is a cigar. Assange could’ve used Occam’s razor himself to shave off that Santa beard.

1 Like

The former wouldn’t be that hard, and they don’t necessarily need to achieve the latter. He’s out in the open now at least.

Yes, but it depends on where you put that cigar. :wink:

1 Like

It was hard enough they couldn’t get the embassy to release him for the last 7 years. Part of this, is the Ecuadorians finally losing patience with their “house guest.”

and his cat

4 Likes

Assange was arrested on a U.S. extradition request, according to his lawyer.

Apparently, the DOJ indictment has nothing to do with 2016…it’s all about the Manning classified document dump. Maximum sentence, five years.

My understanding is that he is just the conduit…3rd parties gave him intel…he even redacted some sensitive stuff. It’s a crime to call out any Governments now on wrong doing? Manning , I guess may be an exception if he is convicted, but originally I used to think Assange was bad…now I’m not so sure .
Again, lets see. I seem to remember Trump stating that he would pardon Assange ? Maybe I was dreaming ?

good

1 Like

Their argument is going to be that Assange assisted Manning directly in stealing the documents. This seems pretty tenuous and hard to prove.

things that NYT, Washington Post, Newsweek, etc. all have done.
From Watergate until now, the mainstream media has done what Wikileaks has done, hundred-fold.

1 Like

Not often that you approve of a Trump administration policy and I disapprove. :grin: