June 20 event: How and Why To Become An Angel Investor

I hope it is ok to promote a community event here.

Since 2016, the Dragons’ Chamber pitch event has given foreign entrepreneurs a platform to get advice and exposure. More than a hundred companies have gone through our program and 30 finalists have presented at our annual event in front of hundreds of people.

Some have later received the investments they needed to grow. But not enough. It has always annoyed me that we do not have enough investors sniffing around them. We are talking really early stage companies here and most foreigners do not have the kind of networks in Taiwan that they need.

We also have a special place in our hearts for foreigners investing with foreigners. Around the world, we can see how immigrant communities are pooling their money and investing with themselves in a rising tide lifts all boats mentality.

If you can think of any people you know of with a bit of money that they COULD invest, please forward to them. If you can think of any channels I could use to REACH that demographic, please let me know.

More info and sign-up:
Website: June 20 event: How and Why To Become An Angel Investor - Dragons' Chamber
Facebook: Redirecting...

Agenda
Introduction: Elias Ek introduces Dragons’ Chamber
Keynote: Mark Hsu – How and Why to Become An Angel Investor
Short introductions by angel investors: Dr. Torbjörn Nordling, more to be added
Panel and Audience Discussion led by Ping Chu

Place: Futureward
B1F., No. 343, Changchun Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan
Date: June 20th
Time: 18:30PM
Fee: $500 (Light Food and Drinks Included, pay at event)

Sign up at Facebook or please send us a message to let us know you want to come.

This event is sponsored by Enspyre and MUSA Trademark

Speakers

Mark Hsu
Mark Hsu is a serial Entrepreneur, co-founding GD1, KKBox, Envision & other companies. He has now been an angel investor for twenty years and has invested in 25 companies.

Torbjörn Nordling
Torbjörn Nordling is an international angel investor with a passion for disruptive innovation and research, investing in people that want to reach their potential. He has invested in more than 10+ companies in the U.S., U.K., Sweden, and Israel.

Li Ping Chu
Li Ping Chu co-founded Apex Language Consulting and training in 2016. Ping has been a member of the Canadian Chamber since 2018 with a focus on helping organize events with the Business Committee and is now part of the board of directors. He is also their head of communications and hosts the CCCT Podcast.

Elias Ek
Elias Ek is a life-long entrepreneur and angel investor. He is currently invested in 10 companies in Taiwan, Singapore, Sweden and the US.

About Dragons’ Chamber

Dragons’ Chamber is a pitch event for foreign entrepreneurs co-organized by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, MUSA Trademark and Enspyre.

Applications for the program will open in July, first auditions will take place in September and the finals will be held during the Meet Taipei Startup Conference in November.

5 Likes