June Linux Users Meeting [Repost]

[This is a repost of the announcement. The original was apparently lost while Oriented.org was down]

台灣 Linux 使用者俱樂部(中/英)技術討論聚會

Members of TLUG_en will also be meeting informally for drinks at the Tapas Bar (Hoping W. Rd., Section 1, No. 50)@9:00 this Thursday evening (21 June). All are welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by Feiren: Taiwan Linux User Group (Chinese/English) InstallFest, Sat., June 29, 2002 13:30-18:00.

Is this event suitable for a DOS/MS-Windows-only person and hardware ignoramus like me, or would I end up looking like a total idiot and losing face?

would I end up looking like a total idiot and losing face?
Naw, the main thing we are “selling” is courage that you are not alone
in your metamorphosis into the free software world. Therefore by just
hanging around the background there you will see that there are real
people using it, etc. You will say oh they are so suave and debonaire
and before long you make the decision to double boot and then a few
months later you tell your computer Gates be gone.

Juba, users of all skill levels are welcome. I would guess that about 20 percent of those who came last time knew almost nothing about Linux. We’re trying to create a friendly atmosphere where people can share what they know about free software without feeling intimidated.

Hope to see you there.

Feiren

quote:
Originally posted by Feiren: Members of TLUG_en will also be meeting informally for drinks at the Tapas Bar (Hoping W. Rd., Section 1, No. 50)@9:00 this Thursday evening (21 June). All are welcome.

BTW, Thursday should be 20th of June.