Junior high student got STD from language exchange

Tonight news on TV.

A junior high student got STD because he was sodomized by a westerner he met on the internet chatroom.

The kid said he only wanted to learn english from the westerner, but got sodomized and was infected by STD.

ax

Wow, the evils of the internet AND foreigners in one report…

I’m sure they would have managed to squeeze drugs into the report somewhere…

But they forgot the prostitutes.

Has this story been reported in any of the local English newspapers?

I wonder what the circumstances were?

Did the kid “consent” to having sex?

What were their ages?

[quote]Did the kid “consent” to having sex?[/quote]Very good question. It didn’t say he was ‘raped’…
Thousands of people get STDs every day, and which STD was it ? If he wasn’t raped, where is the news story ? Oh yeah… it was a foreigner…
And why the word ‘Sodomize’ and not ‘Have sex’ ?

If he’s only in Junior High School it’s rape.

How old is he ? What ages is ‘Junior High’ ? Ax, any more info ?

Maybe it was a gay, mature-age (i.e. adult) student attending evening English classes at the school hall… who went and waited in the toilet (adjacent the public park) for that handsome, gay, foreign English teacher to join him for some consentual dunnysex.

Either the editors have done a good job on this one, or buggered an opportunity for a bigger story.

The most frightening aspect of this report is that the perpetrator in this case is probably a teacher of children in Taiwan. Unfortunately Taiwan is one of the few places in the world where pedophiles and criminals can get a job-teaching children.
There is no background investigation required for teachers in Taiwan to get a work permit. As a matter of fact one of the largest and most disreputable teacher placement agencies ([color=red]I [/color] [color=red]A[/color]m[color=red]C[/color]ontracting[color=red]C[/color]riminals)specializes in finding teaching jobs for just such people.

[quote=“Boomer”]The most frightening aspect of this report is that the perpetrator in this case is probably a teacher of children in Taiwan. Unfortunately Taiwan is one of the few places in the world where pedophiles and criminals can get a job-teaching children.
There is no background investigation required for teachers in Taiwan to get a work permit. As a matter of fact one of the largest and most disreputable teacher placement agencies ([color=red]I [/color] [color=red]A[/color]m[color=red]C[/color]ontracting[color=red]C[/color]riminals)specializes in finding teaching jobs for just such people.[/quote]
Flame. :imp:

Guilty as charged your honor.
Usually I say that Taiwan gets what it deserves.
But come on, he is just a kid. If the locals won’t draw the line, shouldn’t we?

Do you care to explain this? On the surface it looks like because you have a distate for local culture, you feel that Taiwanese people, innocent or not, deserve what they get.

How can you possibly support such a position?

And what have you got against people who have a criminal record? You’ve never had a friend, family member, or acquaintance who screwed up for a time, then turned around? I understand the concern with pedophiles, but by criminals, I’m assuming you mean “former criminals” or people who have been convicted of a felony in the past. They shouldn’t be allowed to teach?

I’m totally with Tomas here. There are plenty of people here who are running away from something - ex-spouses, legal problems, creditors, or plain unemployability. This doesn’t make them bad people, it makes them people who have screwed up and paid a price they find too high.

I know folks who are here because they recognised that, had they stayed in their native environment, they would have remained trapped in a negative cycle of petty crime and punishment. Getting out and coming here is not like dracula going to London in search of fresh blood. Getting out is going somewhere where your past won’t be held against you.

Why shouldn’t people be allowed a chance to make a fresh start?

The only evidence that a foreigner was actually accused, let alone found guilty, of sexual misconduct with a junior high school student is that Ax reported there was a story to that effect on the news. No one has posted any confirmation. Even if the news really did carry such a story and a kid did make those allegations, that hardly means that it’s true. Not every person who is arrested in Taiwan and paraded in front of the news cameras in a black hood is guilty. And not every person who is accused of SODOMY ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) is actually guilty of anything at all.

freeanwar.com/

Burn the witch!!! Burn the witch!!!

I think Mother There’s viewpoint is valid. I really just overheard the news while posting here. I don’t get the kid’s age and the verdict whatsoever. It’s just a news story. I use the word sodomize because the news said it was “Anal Intercourse”. If I used that wrongly I stand corrected. I think the STD he got is called

The word sodomize isn’t used much anymore. It’s pretty much gone the way of fornication (which is different from adultery, by the way - a common mistake)Just as the media doesn’t talk about vaginal sex, or digital stimulation of the clitoris, it is also gratuitous and slightly distasteful to talk about anal sex in the media when the word intercourse would suffice. :wink:

Anal sex in the media??? :shock:

In Biblical and thus most Western legal terms, sodomize is probably the right word if he was raped. Sodomy tends to be the act of forceful anal intercourse, not consensual. Of course, it’s also an archaic word loaded with hatred.

Anyone remember Ian Paisley’s “Keep Sodomy out of Ulster” campaign? :shock:

From a recent Karen Armstrong piece in the Guardian:

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19 condemns homosexual rape and the violation of the sacred rules of hospitality rather than homosexuality per se. It has nothing to say about the open, stable gay relationships that are essentially a feature of modern western society, and did not exist in their current form in the biblical world.

Full text here:

guardian.co.uk/comment/story … 73,00.html

Any thoughts, Soddom? :wink: