Seems to be happening more and more. Very frustrating.
Sandman, FYI, this is the same as the XML issue i posted yesterday
i’m getting this too, more and more …
He’s right though. It’s definitely happening more and more. It was about once a day for me before. Today so far it’s been four separate occasions.
Yeah but I didn’t see it on account of every time I clicked on it I got “XML error”
The line number seems to vary a lot but definitely happening a lot more lately. :s
Kept getting that for a few minutes…
Me too. Exact same message. I had just posted something. The post went through, by the way.
I’ve gotten this many times now, upon clicking 24 or next page, or refreshing. The frequency seems to be increasing over the past 2 weeks or so.
Twice I’ve tried stripping everthing after forumosa.com/taiwan/ out of the URL in my browser, and hit enter, and both times that seems to have solved the problem. Y’all wanna try that to see if it works?
EDIT: This worked again, many times; it hasn’t failed yet.
Folks who don’t know about the above method might keep hitting the browser’s refresh button and getting the same problem – theymight thus think Forumosa is down. Perhaps an announcement could be made regarding this method, while we await a fix?
EDIT 2: Is there a way to write code so that if such an error is encountered, the page gets reset to the homepage or something?
[quote=“Dragonbones”]Twice I’ve tried stripping everthing after forumosa.com/taiwan/ out of the URL in my browser, and hit enter, and both times that seems to have solved the problem. Y’all wanna try that to see if it works?
EDIT: This worked again, many times; it hasn’t failed yet.[/quote]
I’ve tried that. Didn’t work.
It’s getting to be a pain in the ass.
[quote]I’ve tried that. Didn’t work.
It’s getting to be a pain in the ass.[/quote]
On one occasion I stripped the /taiwan/ off also and that worked. On another I Googled ‘Forumosa’ and hit the link and that worked.
I put in tealit.
It’s getting to be a pain in the ass.[/quote]Damn straight it is.
The solution you are describing is to remove the Session ID from the URLs - phpBB’s session IDs are known to be a less than ideal aspect of the system. For all the problems associated with the SIDs, I do not think there is a connection between the session IDs and the XML bugs that we’ve noticed lately
In the past 2 months, I have inserted 2 types of XML-related code into the system - these are the links that integrate the forums with the Forumosafieds (in the forum pages) and the Google Adsense codes (front page, forum pages, discussion threads, search result pages)
I am interested in knowing what you are doing when the problem occurs because there are 4 different “forum templates” now - ex. in this feedback forum, there are no ads, because that template doesn’t pull any XML at all.
If you are getting this error when you are PMing someone, then maybe it is somehow session related, becaue I do nor recall adding any XML-related code to the PM infrastructure.
I believe some have reported XML bug problems when posting - again, I do not think there is any XML being pulled into any of the posting related pages.
I will remove the XML this week, and we can see if there is a difference. I still want to figure out how to keep the Forumosafieds accessible from within the Forums.
For me, it happens no matter where I am or where I’m going. I’ve even had it come up when I open Firefox (F.com is my homepage). It’s also done it on the PM page.
I usually get it when I’m navigating between forums and posts. On occasion I get it while getting to F.com main page.
I get it all over the place , but mostly as Yellow Cartman says, navigating between forums and posts, as well as when hitting the submit button (rather than within PMs or Forumosifieds). However, that’s probably just an artifact of chance, as most of my actions on Forumosa are such navigating and posting. Hmm, I’ll try to keep a log of exactly what actions preceded the bug – perhaps others can do the same.